"Outboard Paradise"?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Outboard Paradise"?????

Anyone have a phone number for them (on the Portal page)
    They have a item I would like to buy but their "Registration" is asking for my E-mail password???....No body needs that to contact me!!

Thanks 100N
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Contact

Try clicking on the purple space at the top of there add. It has there name in it.

Jack 711R

Comment

Outboard paridise contact

Contact Mike at

mike@outboardparadise.com

He was very helpfull for me
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
        Contact Mike at

mike@outboardparadise.com

He was very helpfull for me
        Thanks but would like to call them....
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
          Thanks but would like to call them....
          Then send him a E-mail and ask for a phone number or give him yours..
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Thanks all.....Got the order in!!....Look out for another AMOD MERC this season!! ...........100N>

Comment

Make that 2 Steve, Charlie and I have been working on putting another one together and it is almost finished. Would like to find someone that can rebuild my 16:21 gearfoot though because the seals just wont hold the grease around the driveshaft.
              Know anyone close to Franklin, PA that can do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike45 View Post
                Make that 2 Steve, Charlie and I have been working on putting another one together and it is almost finished. Would like to find someone that can rebuild my 16:21 gearfoot though because the seals just wont hold the grease around the driveshaft.
                Know anyone close to Franklin, PA that can do this?
                Having the same problem with one of mine!!........Mine also check the waterpump square seal to case.......I have thought of try'n a thin coat of high temp silacone around the cartrage or between the L-ring to the square seal......Might be hard to remove the cartrage if applied the the water pump bartrage though.......also might try a wheel cyl hone to that area?.....stay away from the prop shaft bearing area?

For now I just drain the milk'y oil after every weekend and try to flush between races.........
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-02-2013, 04:58 AM.

Comment

25ss gear foot

Mike45

SealS leaking at the drive shaft? There is only one seal at the drive shaft at the top in the pilot bushing, do you mean the seal(s) at the prop shaft which there are 4, 2 in the shaft support cone, 1 in the pump cartridge and they are CR 5522, and a square section O ring for the pump cartridge? What are the conditions of the seal contact surfaces? Any grooves? Are you using 105 grease or gear oil in the foot gears? What gear oil? What grease are you using in the cone for the caged roller bearings?

For the O ring any scratches in the gear case bore where that seal goes in? If there are any that will mess up the O ring on the way to be seated.

Also are the seal washers in good shape at the filler plug and the vent screw?

Do you have the metric drive shaft that uses the 6202 16 mm ID metric bearing which takes a seal that the 30H and 25SS uses or a 20H drive shaft that uses a different seal?

I have no present problems with my 25ss gear case, gear oil always free of water after use. But I have had leak issues that turn out to be the CR 5522 seal in the pump cartridge and the seal at the filler hole.

On the drive shaft top seal, the stock mid section tower has a deep recess that the shaft runs thru that traps water in there and can cause corrosion issues at that area of the drive shaft if not removed for storing or even short term sitting. For short term I blow out the water and spray in WD 40. For storing and changing the gear oil I pull the foot and swipe silicone grease on that part of the drive shaft down into the pilot to help keep the water away from the shaft at the seal lip. Easy to do if you remove the foot especially with the top filler hole on these gear cases it is the only way to get a more complete drain of the oil. Doing oil purging with the foot on and vertical with the top filler hole will not do an adaquate replacement especially if water contaminated oil.
                  Last edited by ZUL8TR; 02-02-2013, 05:49 AM.
                  No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Steve:

When you register on our site you are asked to create a password for our site NOT your personal email password. Just like any other site, eBay, Hydroracer, Paypal, this log in information allows to you access our site and place an order without having to input your name, address, etc. again.

If you have any further questions you can contact me at: sales@outboardparadise.com

Thanks,
                    Laurie
                    Outboard Paradise

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
                      SealS leaking at the drive shaft? There is only one seal at the drive shaft at the top in the pilot bushing, do you mean the seal(s) at the prop shaft which there are 4, 2 in the shaft support cone 1 in the pump cartridge and are CR 5522 and a square section O ring for the pump cartridge? What are the conditions of the seal contact surfaces? Any grooves? Are you using 105 grease or gear oil in the foot gears? What grease are you using in the cone for the caged roller bearings?
                      For the O ring any scratches in the gear case bore where that seal goes in? If there are any that will mess up the O ring on the way to be seated.

Do you have the metric drive shaft that uses the 6202 16 mm ID metric bearing which takes a seal that the 30H and 25SS uses or a 20H drive shaft that uses a different seal?

I h
                      Holy crap, Now I got a headache (just kidding)

It is used on a 20H and I use grease (preferably white motor assembly grease) and it leaks out around where the driveshaft goes into the gearfoot. I use the same grease on the roller bearings also. I have never saw one of these disassembled so I just thought it had a seal where the shaft entered the gear housing.

Comment

Steve, sorry for highjacking your post but from reading you already found your info.

Comment

leaking seal

Holy crap, Now I got a headache (just kidding)

It is used on a 20H and I use grease (preferably white motor assembly grease) and it leaks out around where the driveshaft goes into the gearfoot. I use the same grease on the roller bearings also. I have never saw one of these disassembled so I just thought it had a seal where the shaft entered the gear housing.
                          I bet that the water staying in the recess I described has caused some drive shaft corrosion at that top seal area. These type gear cases with the tower recess that traps water are a problem if not maintained as noted.

Comment

Originally posted by startyourengine View Post
                            Steve:

When you register on our site you are asked to create a password for our site NOT your personal email password. Just like any other site, eBay, Hydroracer, Paypal, this log in information allows to you access our site and place an order without having to input your name, address, etc. again.

If you have any further questions you can contact me at: sales@outboardparadise.com

Thanks,
                            Laurie
                            Outboard Paradise
                            Thanks,....It/my password, was the next question after fill'n in the E-mail address......Now if I can remember the fake password I gave to finish the order!!..DOH!!

Comment

Steve, sorry for highjacking your post but from reading you already found your info.
                              No problem MIKE!!.....See ya at Franklin and bring the Breakfast fry'n pan from yer Dad at Oriopolis!!!.........

Comment

Working...
                              X