Plug Cover Yamato 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
    All the covers look alike to me but I never inspected them for FGlass or plastic.

Pete
    Pete.......the M80 plug covers were fiber glass and they switched to the
    plastic on the M102 and later motors.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by sax View Post
      Bill......I have several of the M102 Orange plastic plug covers.........make
      me an offer.

Thanx,
      Ron Saxvik
      Ron,

Thanks, ... but I already picked one up. Maybe some of the other folks who has been looking for them could use one. At least we know you and Tom Johnston have them.

Bill

Comment

I remember hearing somewhere that the reason for those spark plug covers is, it was common practice for Japanese stadium racers to break their competitor's spark plugs with the nose of their boat. The cover protected the spark plugs from being damaged by other boats, and thus, kept the races fair.

Comment

And I wanted one for almost the same reason, ... but for me, it's transporting the engine. I didn't want to break a plug.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
            I remember hearing somewhere that the reason for those spark plug covers is, it was common practice for Japanese stadium racers to break their competitor's spark plugs with the nose of their boat. The cover protected the spark plugs from being damaged by other boats, and thus, kept the races fair.
            Darrell Sorensen told me the same thing.
            kk

Comment

Working...
            X