Early Champion Hot Rod 4LS-1057-1X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Champion Hot Rod 4LS-1057-1X

50-51 early Champion Hot Rod for sale Mod.# 4LS 1057 1X. Aquired from the estate of Chuck Young a few years ago. He purchased it from Don Saulsbury A year before that. I have had it in my collection for a while and now it is time for it to find a new home. It will come with a parts list and stand, I will post pic's soon or you can do a search under 4LS 1X or Don Saulsbury to find his pic's from a while ago. It has not changed since then. Only 238 of these were made. Price is 1500.00 OBO contact via hayotisjb@att.net. reply with phone contact info. Motor is located in north central Ohio. Thanks, hayotis

4ls-1x

Can you send or post me a photo of the rear of the upper part of the tower housing of this engine?
    Much appreciated

Cooper Jess
    good1@centurytel.net

Comment

4ls-1001-1x

Hi Cooper,
      Tom B on Johns Merc site told me about your knowledge regarding champions outboards. I found this motor on Craig's list in New Hampshire. Tom said he had asked you about this specific motor, you mentioned the LU is most likely wrong. The interesting thing about it to me is the 1001 serial number. Do you think this was the first one made? Could it be possible that the first few produced had this lower unit, or maybe the original was destroyed and thus one was put on. It looks like finding the correct LU will be tough. The current prop looks like the diameter was reduced. Perhaps to fix damage. What is the correct gas oil mix and are impeller available? I have not inspected the impeller yet but I can't imagine it is in good shape. Is there a automotive paint code color that you recommend?
      Thanks Peter
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Peter C; 12-29-2013, 02:41 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Comment

Lower unit
        Attached Files

Comment

Front
          Attached Files

Comment

4LS serial numbers

The 4LS-1X serial numbers ran from #788 through #1058 and were made from June 1, 1950 until July 31, 1951.

The racing unit is left hand rotation.

Cooper Jess

Comment

Thanks for the info, this one has a right hand prop, so that confirms LU is wrong.
              Peter

Comment

Working...
              X