C-Mod Hydro for a new racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Mod Hydro for a new racer

Looking for a c-mod hydro for one of my pit guys to get started in. Looking for top notch equipment. 302 preferred. Just starting to look and will buy to race next season. May buy new if we can't find the right rig. Needs to be a light boat.
    Keith Kampen

Hey Keith...

Would that boat be for Adrianna to run? LOL

Just kidding:!!

Pitboss 77

Comment

Just a question from a "Stocker"..what speeds ya'll getting out of a C-Mod?
      Roger A 68M
      Team Casual

Comment

C mod

I haven't ran the class in a while but we used to run 75-76 in the hydro and 70-71 in a runabout
        Keith Kampen

Comment

c mod hydro

GPS speeds are from 70 to 72 mph...We are dealing with hot water and hot air here in the Midwest. There have been reports of speed higher, but you still have to get around the race course and keep it up right..We work on acceleration and not top in speed.

Comment

Have one 202 cmod I will sell to Gay now, maybe more next year.

Comment

Oops I meant Sam

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                GPS speeds are from 70 to 72 mph...We are dealing with hot water and hot air here in the Midwest. There have been reports of speed higher, but you still have to get around the race course and keep it up right..We work on acceleration and not top in speed.
                That's more like it. On a full one mile course I could get close to 75 mph on on the start if I had room to make a long run at the clock (think Alex). 72 to 73 mph was the norm and that's ONLY on a "Nationals" length course - not these .8 mile or less courses that are becoming more common.

A new racer now really needs to concentrate on acceleration and handling and not be concerned about top speed as there just aren't many top end courses being run anymore. No more 1 2/3 mile APBA races. NBRA Long Course Nats aren't a full mile like the Long Course Nats were back in the AOF days....

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Jack tells me his boat was a lot faster before I started driving it-

Hey, wait a minute, you don't think he meant....hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                    Jack tells me his boat was a lot faster before I started driving it-

Hey, wait a minute, you don't think he meant....hmmm

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Remember before the gps you relied on a speedo and they always read ay least 3 mph fast. Even in a bass boat the speedo is reading faster than the gps. Radar was off also.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Owen View Post
                        Remember before the gps you relied on a speedo and they always read ay least 3 mph fast. Even in a bass boat the speedo is reading faster than the gps. Radar was off also.
                        a properly calibrated speedometer is accurate !

i had a new speedometer in 1984 had it checked in 1992

we tested before a record run in 1992 went to bayou tech la we set an AOF D hydro straight away record upped it by approx 11 MPH at that time the speeds we tested at according to my speedometer were the same speeds we ran thru the traps .

there are some maintance steps that need to be done with the speedo after using it like spinning all the water out of the line so water does not stay in it and you cannot just throw it in the trailer we had a nice tool box we coiled it up in
                        and it will last you a long time
                        the blue face keller speedometers were the prefered speedo i heard bad thing s about aqua meter speedometers however it is now 2012 and i bet there better ways and better speedos

i think i am going to go back to a speedometer just to see how props accelerate and if there is a difference in top end speeds while under way, all the gps will tell you on the bank is was it faster or slower..
                        if i knew how to get a gps that i can look at while testing that would be cool , and i bet there are ones like that >> does my race budget allow it lol probably not lol however a gps is only accurate to what it says like mine usually says accurate to within 17 feet sometimes it will say accurate to with in 3 feet but not every where and if it is cloudy that all changes

a good speedo properly taken care of is accurate all the time even on cloudy days i got a blue face keller that i am going to send to be checked i hope it is good as i think it will help me better my racing

i agree there are not many courses save maybe alex that you can stretch it out any more to me it is sad as i like to be able to run it on up there to em the longer the better as long as we get to test it a day before maybe we can start getting a lil longer course with a test day for those who can show up a day early hmmmm something to think and talk about :<)

i keep telling prop man we do not have enuff acceleration he said the world need s acceleration dam maybe i am normal after all lol
                        Last edited by RandY Aveline; 07-23-2012, 08:56 PM.
                        Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                        X