one pair 13" long
    one pair 10" inch long
    or ones that I could cut to these lengths
    and I need some springs
    email or pm me
    Mike Thierfelder

Mod replicas

Hello MIke,

Give my Dad a call. The Mod. comm. built Hubbell replicas. I have seen them at T.J. I think they have them done and ready. Dad can give you the details.

Thanks,
    Dean Sutherland

Comment

Russ Hill, Sr. and Pep Hubbell Were Huge Friends

"PEP" Hubbell was called "PEP" because he was high energy. He rode his bicycle to work long before anyone thought riding a bike was healthy.

Pep build a dyno to run his motors one. My dad always said we weren't racing horses we were racing boats.

But as time pasted my Old Man slowly saw the light of the Dyno. Were ran a KG-7 on the dyno, then, the same day ran a NEW 20-H that Stew Downs owned.

As tuned pipes came into being, Pep would give my dad some of his new "Inventions". This was around 1960.

Well, I had a '53 Chevy that had a rusted out gas tank. Jimbo McConnell lived in Needles and his dad owned several motel's in town and people would abandon cars at these motels.

On one of my many trips to Needles, I told Jimbo I needed a gas tank for my '53. So, we looked at the various abandoned cars at his dad's motels and found a '52 Chevy. So, we took the tank off they car and I took it home when I got home I hooked up the wires for the gas gauge and hen bolted the tank up to the Chevy.

Well, the tank worked like a champ, but the gas gauge didn't work. So, with no gas gauge, I'd run out of gas frequently. So, I started carrying 6 gallon Mercury Outboard gas tank in the trunk, I would have to pour gas from the Merc tank into my gas tank. Well, I'd spill gas all over the place.

We, I was looking in my dad's shop and there were Hubbell horns which looked like they'd make a perfect funnel. So, I took one and put it in my trunk. This worked great til I had a flat tire. When I took the spare tire out, the bottom of the tire wheel was rusted out. So, when I went around a corner, the "HORN" slide out the spare tire hole. Being a 17 year old brains surgeon, I thought I'd just lost the Horn, so, I go another one.

Botom Line, I lost more than 8 Hubbell Horns before I realized I was losing them through my spare tire hole.....I actually thought my gas stealing friends were stealing my "HORNS"....

Anyway, I don't haave any Hubbell Horns but I did have about 10 in my life time.
      Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-31-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X