B&H Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&H Kit

Hey everyone! I have a friend that I work with who just got a new HOT Yamato 302, and he wants to build a boat, (Make that a new C Hydro driver in Region 12! ) & coming from me, a driver of a B&H, and knowing that you can get kits for them, I told him a B&H kit was the way to go if he wants to build a brand new one, but he wants to know roughly how long it will take to actually get the kit, and I know with my B&H, Joe Johnson brought the kit home from the Whitney Point Nationals for us several years ago, but I don't know any other information on the kit other than that...

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a kit out to SoCal???

Thanks for your imput!
    Last edited by Marlee Hill; 04-04-2012, 02:26 PM.
    Marlee Hill
    4th Generation Hill
    Hill Racing Team
    20ssH & SST45
    1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
    Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

What I have seen...

It seems to vary from months to never (in my case). Good luck.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

hmm... okay thank you
      Marlee Hill
      4th Generation Hill
      Hill Racing Team
      20ssH & SST45
      1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
      Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Marlee
        Sent a PM

Comment

I know both the Hemp's visit this site so hopefully they will respond.

I know Tim Sidor just got a kit
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Private messages are appreciated. Opinions are neither right or wrong.

-Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
              Hey everyone! I have a friend that I work with who just got a new HOT Yamato 302, and he wants to build a boat, (Make that a new C Hydro driver in Region 12! ) & coming from me, a driver of a B&H, and knowing that you can get kits for them, I told him a B&H kit was the way to go if he wants to build a brand new one, but he wants to know roughly how long it will take to actually get the kit, and I know with my B&H, Joe Johnson brought the kit home from the Whitney Point Nationals for us several years ago, but I don't know any other information on the kit other than that...

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a kit out to SoCal???

Thanks for your imput!
              I got my kit 2 weeks after I made a phone call to Sam. Freight charge on my C kit was around $450-475.00ish.

Note, the freight company charges extra to offload box or use there equipment to do so. Driver is just there to deliver, its the buyers responsibility. That was my only gripe. Not sure if thats true for all freight companys but since your in Socal, it will probably be the same.

Comment

As far as offloading equipment, I think that is the same everywhere. I know even parts we order for work are the same way. Since we live off the beaten path there is even an additional charge to get it from the "big city" to our small town. It's a freight thing for sure!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Suggestion

Not a knock on B&H Boats, but with freight costs being what they are, and the logistics involved getting a kit built and sent to SoCal, they may want to look into a Sorenson Kit. As you might know, they are located in Cali. Might simply be more financialy feasable. Most likely a day spent to pick it up and home that night.

Just a thought.

If plans are enough, you can get a great design from MRC (Montana Race Craft).

I believe Ron Hill would know exactly where to get the neceassary framing materials, and plywood.

Just looking out for a newbie and the first opening of the wallet.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Opinions are good......but.

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                    Not a knock on B&H Boats, but with freight costs being what they are, they may want to look into a Sorenson Kit.
                    Just a thought.

Penny wise and pound foolish????.........for a few extra bucks why not go with the best. B&H Hydros.

Just a thought.

Comment

Can't Argue

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                      Penny wise and pound foolish????.........for a few extra bucks why not go with the best. B&H Hydros.

Just a thought.
                      Can't argue that with you Matt, if a B&H is what they want, then serve it up. I was just tossing out ideas for a newbie. But like Bill said, opinions are neither right or wrong. B&H boats have won a lot of races, no denying that fact.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Shipping costs is the main reason that I decided not to do kits..Especially since I had planned to supply everything like a Sorenson kit..B and H only supplys coaming walls, transom and ribs.. You still have to cut stringers and order decking and bottom ply so it is all what a person wants to spend..
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Well he wants to build it himself, other wise I would have told him to buy what's in our backyard, being a Dawecraft. But I've worked with him for almost a year & a half now, which is just about as long as I've had my B&H & he's seen how it runs & all that.

Thanks so much for all your imput everyone! It's greatly appreciated by both of us!!!
                          Marlee Hill
                          4th Generation Hill
                          Hill Racing Team
                          20ssH & SST45
                          1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                          Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
                            Well he wants to build it himself, other wise I would have told him to buy what's in our backyard, being a Dawecraft. But I've worked with him for almost a year & a half now, which is just about as long as I've had my B&H & he's seen how it runs & all that.

Thanks so much for all your imput everyone! It's greatly appreciated by both of us!!!
                            You have a Dawecraft C hydro sitting in your back yard...shame on you!
                            sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Thats what I said! Lol
                              Marlee Hill
                              4th Generation Hill
                              Hill Racing Team
                              20ssH & SST45
                              1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                              Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers