drive shaft specifications needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft specifications needed

What are the specifications on the material used on a normal drive shaft. I was going to look into getting a piece of material but I wasn't sure what to look for and where I could look.
    GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Getin' the shaft

On My Yamato C mod a cut down stock shaft works well. Pro Motors sometimes use an extention from a socket set. Stock shafts from fishing outboards work well , and can be cut for couplers.( get free "busted ones " from your marina buddy ) I have never purchased "new" materal to make a shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by hydroboyv9 View Post
      What are the specifications on the material used on a normal drive shaft. I was going to look into getting a piece of material but I wasn't sure what to look for and where I could look.
      Is it for the Konig? If it is get it from Steve, it is a metric size.

Comment

It's for the 250 yamato.
        GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Comment

Drive Shaft

I tried that many years ago looking for driveshaft material for my Konig and my 500 yamato. I did try the stock yamato 80 drive shaft on the 500 dont remember if we altered it or not to fit but it worked well.
          The best advice is try Jim Mckean he would know for sure and get it from him.

Todd

Comment

I might have one for the 250 Yamato you can use for the weekend, assuming you also run a Yamato unit as well. Come down and see us, we'll be there Thursday.
            Jon Eldredge Jon Eldredge

Comment

Thanks john. I think I found some stuff that should work well. I will come down and see you if it doesent work out . Thanks again
              GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Comment

Drive Shaft Material

Brennen,

I use 12mm Key Stock. Its available at most bearing shops. Its usually Zinc plated so it won't rust as easily. I carry extra in my trailer if you need some. It should arrive in the pits thursday morning.
                Lee Tietze
                Machined Components
                Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

Working...
                X