1100 cc engine WANTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 cc engine WANTED

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where i can find a 1100cc (CAN RUN UP TO 1250cc) 2 stroke high performance engine ready to bolt on back of boat...Thanks Chris

There all over the west coast, I am sure someone will chime in on this post
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

1100cc VRP the World's Fastest

Hi Chris;

I have my son's 240hp 700cc VRP that set the WORLD SPEED RECORD in 700cc Hydro at 130mph, and the 1100cc record at 126mph.
      The engine is in perfect condition, has never been stuck. It has 4 Mikuni 41mm Carburetors, 4 exhaust pipes, full Motoplat Ignition. I will sell this 240hp engine for 1/2 price, or only $6,995.

Jim McKean...........captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Jim ,thanks for response...Is there 2 motors or the 700cc was ran in both records,,,Thanks Chris.....I am trying to find as much cubes as possible as it is a 1250cc class...Thx

Comment

Gas or Alky

Are you looking for a gas pleasure type for a V hull, or a raceing engine ? The VRP Jim has, is no doubt a great buy. It is raced in the Pro Alcohol Division in APBA. It runs on Alky. It is not a backyard racer type engine at all. It is made to run on a capsuled hydro, that is not to heavy.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

WORLD's Fastest 1100cc Engine

Hello Chris:

Dave Mason was dead on what he said about our engines. They are "Full Out" race engines, that run on methanol. The engine I told you about set both the 700cc World Speed Record (130mph) and the 1100cc World Speed Record (126mph). We had zero test time and water was not good, and although one run was 136mph, we easily could have gone 140mph with good water.
            This exact engine has 4 ea 41mm Mikunis (methanol), 4 exhaust expansion chambers, and MSD (US) Ignition. Engine is quite docile, and has never been stuck. It produces over 240hp. Parts are readily available.
            I also have a brand new 700cc VRP, which I would sell.
            In PRO Outboard Racing, the biggest available engine is a 850cc Konny, also a methanol engine, that puts out around 160-180hp. I can get you one of these, tuned for methanol or gas.

Jim McKean........"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

Hi,Thanks for the reply,,Yes it is for a timber tunnel boat...I have no trouble getting around these things as we have been porting and developing 2 strokes for some 20 years..I was going to destroke a 2.5 liter actually a 2507 cc but its the long way .....Rebuit hardness on offset gring,,surface grind new bearings,cut access alloy off ...But it gives me 1250cc and all parts are normal v6 bolt ons...Thanks again ..Regards Chris
              Originally posted by Dave M View Post
              Are you looking for a gas pleasure type for a V hull, or a raceing engine ? The VRP Jim has, is no doubt a great buy. It is raced in the Pro Alcohol Division in APBA. It runs on Alky. It is not a backyard racer type engine at all. It is made to run on a capsuled hydro, that is not to heavy.

Comment

Hi Jim theres nothing in my shed thats not FULLOUT...In a dock start situation can these engines run a starter??Can you please send me a pic..Are the midsections trimable?? This is for a sst 70 style of boat..We call them f3000..They all use those omc 3 cylinder eyesaws,Prehistoric cosworth technology, Do you know what these engines are ported to ? In degrees open and closed of centre line of crankshaft not deck...To see if its going to be in the right torque band....Thanks agian for the reply
                Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
                Hello Chris:

Dave Mason was dead on what he said about our engines. They are "Full Out" race engines, that run on methanol. The engine I told you about set both the 700cc World Speed Record (130mph) and the 1100cc World Speed Record (126mph). We had zero test time and water was not good, and although one run was 136mph, we easily could have gone 140mph with good water.
                This exact engine has 4 ea 41mm Mikunis (methanol), 4 exhaust expansion chambers, and MSD (US) Ignition. Engine is quite docile, and has never been stuck. It produces over 240hp. Parts are readily available.
                I also have a brand new 700cc VRP, which I would sell.
                In PRO Outboard Racing, the biggest available engine is a 850cc Konny, also a methanol engine, that puts out around 160-180hp. I can get you one of these, tuned for methanol or gas.

Jim McKean........"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

Aren't there homologation rules for F3000?

Comment

Hi Summerford STV,

I too currently drag race a Summerford STV now, but I used to run Pro and suspect I know what you are looking for.

The Pro motors typically have more HP per cube than anything else you are likely to come up with. Just consider the fact that the expansion chambers slide to maintain optimal power in a wider power band and you'll start to realise how powerful these engines are. Many have tried to bring in motorcycle engines that seem to make tremendous power. However it is usually in a narrow power band that is only made usable with transmissions.

If you want serious power on your transom that is likely to work as an outboard, starting with a pro outboard should be your best bet. The V-6s we are used to are stone age technology compared to a Pro motor. If you feel you MUST have a certain displacement, you could always press together a crankshaft with a few extra crank throws for extra cylinders, and just build a crank case to suit, but there are several reasons the 1100 class is full off smaller displacement engines.

How long are your heats? Longevity is likely to be a limiting factor.

Brad
                    sigpic
                    Brad Snow
                    21 Rosemary La.
                    Middlefield, Ct 06455
                    (860) 349-0283 home
                    (860) 798-7463 shoe phone

Comment

Chris 1100cc Engine

Originally posted by summerfordstv View Post
                      Hi Guys, Does anyone know where i can find a 1100cc (CAN RUN UP TO 1250cc) 2 stroke high performance engine ready to bolt on back of boat...Thanks Chris
                      Chris;

The 700cc VRP engine can be started by Electric Starter. That's how we start them. Starters are $250.
                      We don't run trim, but Europeans do, so I could get you a trimable Tower Housing.
                      If you need 1000cc, you could put 2 VRP 500's together. I have 2 of them. Each 500cc VRP puts out about 190 hp, so you'd have nearly 400hp.
                      Seand me your e-mail address, and I'll send pictures, and other U Tubes, etc.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                        Aren't there homologation rules for F3000?
                        Hi, I used f3000 as the closest example of our 1250cc supersports class..THX

Comment

Hi Brad,,I get ur drift with the difference with the stone age mercs and the pros...A young guy in OZ runs a 500cc plastic tunnel boat he brought from Europe and it flies...The technology in essence is 1980, TZ ,HONDA YAMAHA,KTM tried and proven 2 stroke racing ideas.....Probably the best documented 2 stroke performance bible was written by a guy called Bell...No doubt these smaller type of engines to make such great power would have all the smarts...It is probably more of an advantage to keep stroke out of the engine to get revability than what it is to gain cubes via stroke and port the thing to the moon like a motorcross bike,,But then theres big overshoot and would only become sweet once the exhaust did its sonic pulse to stop the incoming charge going out the back door to early....Like the idea of the crank and crankcase....Jesus....what a rocket ship.....Thanks Brad...I dig feedback
                          Originally posted by 2.5H View Post
                          Hi Summerford STV,

I too currently drag race a Summerford STV now, but I used to run Pro and suspect I know what you are looking for.

The Pro motors typically have more HP per cube than anything else you are likely to come up with. Just consider the fact that the expansion chambers slide to maintain optimal power in a wider power band and you'll start to realise how powerful these engines are. Many have tried to bring in motorcycle engines that seem to make tremendous power. However it is usually in a narrow power band that is only made usable with transmissions.

If you want serious power on your transom that is likely to work as an outboard, starting with a pro outboard should be your best bet. The V-6s we are used to are stone age technology compared to a Pro motor. If you feel you MUST have a certain displacement, you could always press together a crankshaft with a few extra crank throws for extra cylinders, and just build a crank case to suit, but there are several reasons the 1100 class is full off smaller displacement engines.

How long are your heats? Longevity is likely to be a limiting factor.

Brad

Comment

Working...
                          X