Anyone else notice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else notice???

There's enough equipment for sale to start another sanctioning body!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

I thought the recession was supposed to be over and happy times were here again ... I guess they are wrong ... unless you are a stock broker or major corporate shareholder

Comment

DOT Out

We are coming out of the recession. I just had the best boat show in three years and after show interest is still stong. This is more about how APBA is NOT looking for way's to make racing more accessible, less expensive and more understandable to everyone. Check out the post DOT Out - not a big thing but just another small step in the wrong direction at a critical time in APBA's future.

Just Saying - right now we have a sport to save!

Comment

Jake!!!

"We have a sport to save" is my line, copied from Larry Elder who says, "We have a country to save." The SAD truth is, we do have a country and sport to save.

Americans are too great a people to sit around a feel the world may end tomorrow. We are coming out of this recession. I gave out 500 cards and 250 discount tickets at the L.A. Boat Show, we have been busy everyday since handling "Off the Street" customer related to the L.A. Show.

Marlee Hill et al has about 15-20 new racers lined up to drive boats.......and APBA comes up with a "NEW" idea to make boat racing more difficult o get in to.....

Jimbo McConnell, still one of the most recognized named in boat racing got started when we were racing in Needles, California. My brother's late wife, Judy, (Marlee's maternal grandmother) was chief scorer when a young Jimbo came up and asked, "How much does it cost to race?" Judy said, "Well, how much do you have?" Jimbo said, "Well I just sold my motorcycle for $25." Judy said, "Well, you are in luck, it will cost $25 bucks to race."

Boat Racing needs more Marlee Hill's and her late grandmother who she never met, to get people into boat racing...We need to rid ourselves of barriers......

Yes, Jake, we have a sport to save!
        Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
          I thought the recession was supposed to be over and happy times were here again ... I guess they are wrong ... unless you are a stock broker or major corporate shareholder
          Or work for the goverment in some way--you know recession proof JOBS

Comment

downside of recovery . . .

The Security/Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting crew at our airport is mostly old retired gits like me, with a handful of young bucks. All part time because the county doesn't want us eligible for benes, and the pays sucks - just above minimum wage. Works well during the economic downturn, but now . . . business is heating up. This week we lost two employees who landed full time jobs with more $$$/hour and a full bene package!

I have said I have a giggle job - just for giggles - and I'm still giggling after watching the boss man go into mental meltdown as he tried to plug all the shift holes. Hey, it's not like going short staffed works because the FAA REQUIRES an Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting crew on duty during all hours of operation.

I expect at least two more of the young bucks who need a full time paycheck to bail in upcoming weeks.
            carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Unfortunately, that's what it looks like Sam. That's sad too. There is a lot of good racing equipment (new and used) for sale here on HydroRacer.

If someone wants to roll their own, just about everything is available new. A few years ago it took a good bit of "scrounging" to find parts for almost everything except PRO and Yamato. Now it isn't nearly as bad. Bass sells lower units. McKean sells lower units. Gears have been built for the Mercury units. Scott had 44 pistons made. McDaniels had 3 holer pistons made. I've seen ads for exhaust systems and tower housings. I guess the most difficult to find stuff now would be Hot Rod parts and 20/40/60 Mercury pistons and rings. Now that parts are available there are no buyers.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Just pistons ... Hastings makes and stocks std and oversize rings

Comment

Gearcase, Lower Units, Gear Sets, Yamato Parts

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                  Unfortunately, that's what it looks like Sam. That's sad too. There is a lot of good racing equipment (new and used) for sale here on HydroRacer.

If someone wants to roll their own, just about everything is available new. A few years ago it took a good bit of "scrounging" to find parts for almost everything except PRO and Yamato. Now it isn't nearly as bad. Bass sells lower units. McKean sells lower units. Gears have been built for the Mercury units. Scott had 44 pistons made. McDaniels had 3 holer pistons made. I've seen ads for exhaust systems and tower housings. I guess the most difficult to find stuff now would be Hot Rod parts and 20/40/60 Mercury pistons and rings. Now that parts are available there are no buyers.
                  Hi David;

Thanks for the acknowledgment on parts available. As the Yamato Importer for years, I carried a healthy stock of Yamato Parts. I still have over seven hundred (YES, 700+) sets of Yamato gearsets. The SORC recently approved the Yamato 14:15 gears for Yamato 102 foot, so I may sell 5 to 10 sets a year. I guess I have at least enough for 30 years. I designed the Yamato Hatchet, Komato Hatchet, Yomato Hatchet, Yomato Lite, and will never run out of these. Now I just need customers for all this equipment! Lets go racing!

Best Regards;

Jim McKean

Comment

700 sets of gears! WOW! That should keep several generations of boat racers running.

Comment

Working...
                    X