WTB: Trailer for B/25s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Trailer for B/25s

Looking for an open trailer to haul my Menzies runabout and Becherini hydro to a few races this year. Prefer something in or near Region 7.
    Call me @ 414-840-4819 or 262-784-2224 or post here.
    Thanks,
    Chip Trampe 44-W

Should have added that I would like the trailer to have a motor box to hold 2 B/25 motors plus room for tools, gear, etc.
    Any leads would be appreciated.

Chip Trampe

Comment

Trailer

Hi Chip,

I have a three boat trailer that you might be interested in. I live in Ripon, but the trailer is located in northern Indiana. (If you wanted it, I would go get it, as it would be an excuse to visit my parents!) I bought the trailer in 2002 from Chuck Zolkoske, but it has been in Wisconsin it's whole life. It is lightweight, tows great. Smaller motor/gear box, but adequate for 2-3 motors and gear. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but not too bad. I was thinking $500... Please call me anytime after 4:30 CST...

Jesse Swain

(937) 203-5293

Comment

Hi Chip,
        Are we goingt to see the 44 W racing again just as doctor told nme to quit last year. The only C item I have left is my DeSilva CSR set up for a 302 which is a fun rig and very competative for us old folks which I'm interested in getting some bids on. But what byou might be interested in is my 4 boat, 4 motor trailer I built to carry my C and D equipment around. Yes, nI have 3 Weinent built D's and a restored Stippich Quack and the trailer has "Adios Racing" on the side of course. the description of the traler is below and a few pix. I'm sure we could work something out to deliver when I come up to see my son in Madison, WI. Kindest regards, Jon
        Attached Files
        Jon Walters

Comment

HR wouldn't let me post all attachments so below is copy of trailer write up and a few more pix. Jon
          CUSTOM BOAT RACING TRAILER

DESIGNED AND BUILT BY ME. ALL WELDED TUBULAR STEEL BOX SHEATHED IN ALUMINUM SHEET AND LINED WITH ¼” PLY. DECK COVERED IN ¾” EXT. PLY BOLTED TO FRAME. FULL STOP/TAIL LIGHTS AND ALL CLEARANCE LIGHTS. REAR DOORS ARE WELDED TUBULAR STEEL WITH ALUMINUM SHEET ON OUTSIDE AND PLY ON INSIDE WITH SHELVES INSIDE. DOORS HUNG ON HEAVY DUTY WELDED ON CARGO TRAILER HINGES. BOAT RACKS ARE WELDED TUBULAR STEEL WITH CARPETED 2x6’S. TOP TWO RACKS CANTILEVERED WITH LEFT SIDE VERTICAL REMOVEABLE WITH 3 LARGE HITCH PINS. TWO BACK BOX STABLIZER FEET ADJUSTED WITH LARGE HITCH PINS. SINGLE AXLE WITH NEW SPRINGS AND BEARINGS. TWO NEW ST 205/75/R14 TIRES AND FULL SIZED SPARE. WILL CARRY UP TO 4 RUNABOUTS 14’ OR LESS. BOX HAS TWO SWING OUT RACKS, WELDED TUBULAR STEEL PIVOTED ON TUBE SUPPORTED TOP AND BOTTOM ON BRONZE BUSHINGS. EACH CAPABLE OF HOLDING TWO 4 CYLINDER MERCS. REMOVABLE HYDRAULIC JIB CRANE BOLTED TO BOX ROOF TO LIFT MOTORS FROM RACKS TO BOAT IF YOU’RE OLD LIKE ME WITH BAD BACK. SWING UP FRONT DOLLY WHEEL. ALL IN EXCELENT CONDITION. ASKING $2000 WHICH IS LESS THAN I HAVE INVESTED. JON K WALTERS 706-467-9007
          Attached Files
          Jon Walters

Comment

Trailer

Jon,
            Thanks a bunch for your reply to my posting. After the great time we had last summer at the Top 'o Michigan Marathon; we decided to try a few more races this season. Won't be able to do the Marathon again-daughters wedding takes priority!
            Regarding the trailer situation; I have a line on a small cargo trailer just a few blocks from my house. If that doesn't pan out; I may be searching again.
            Best regards,
            Chip & Peggie (aka: Miss Pit-Hinton 1969)

Comment

Working...
            X