Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 350cc Apel Hydro

Inventory Reduction Sale:
    2001 Apel 350 Hydro, originally built for Mike Sattler. Placed 2nd in 2005 Pro Nationals.
    Excellent condition. Includes steering, and fuel tank. No throttle or Pipe Puller.
    Asking $2500.00 I'm making the trip to Winter Haven Florida in March for the USTS season opener. I can deliver for a small fee.
    Dimensions: 35" wide bottom 92" Afterplane 67" Sponsons
    Attached Files
    Last edited by machinedcomp; 02-29-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: Reduce Price, very limited market
    Lee Tietze
    Machined Components
    Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

bump

hey sattler... got any pics? i hear you did a lot of winning in this boat.
    Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Did you say Winning?

Yes, this boat has won a LOT of races. This is "the best" driving boat I have ever raced.

Some more history: Don't let the age of the boat fool you. Jim Apel built this boat for me in the fall of 2001. So, if it was a car it'd be titled as an 2002. This boat has never been stored outside. In fact all but the first year it has always been hauled in an enclosed trailer. I sold this boat to Lee in the fall of 2010. The last year I raced it was spring of 2007. So, it doesn't have nearly as much time on it as one would think.

The bottom of the sponsons are the newer style molded fiberglass with wood decking. It also has the larger cross brace at the transom to avoid the split some of the earlier Apel boats were known for at the rear of the boat where the cockpit sidewall meets the bottom. There is no splits, cracks, soft wood, rot, etc in this boat. It's very, very clean.

When I delivered this boat to Lee @ the Eatonville race in 2010 we were rigging it in the pits. I had it painted for him before I delivered it, and because of that no one recognized it as my boat. Several people came up and looked at it and asked how he got a "new" Apel boat. Yes, it's that clean of a boat.

This will make someone a great boat. Don’t miss out on this sweet deal, otherwise you are going to hate chasing it around the course this year. Be a leader, not a follower. <O</O

First picture is from Depue in 05, second pic is from a region race in early 05. I'll see if I can find anymore.

If anyone has any questions about this boat, feel free to ask me
      Attached Files
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP
      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

??????

How does this one compare to the one I got from you, Mike? It looks close to the being the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by treadguy View Post
          How does this one compare to the one I got from you, Mike? It looks close to the being the same boat.
          Hey Charlie-

The boat for sale above is 35" wide and has a 92" afterplane and is the boat I always ran when I raced 350 hydro. The yellow boat I sold you was originally built for Terry Fiorelli (also from Spokane) in spring of 2003. When Terry quit racing 350 hydro (2006 I think) I bought the boat as a backup. The yellow boat has a 36" wide bottom and a 93" afterplane. The cockpit sidewalls are slightly taller at the transom on yours, other than that they are pretty much twins.

I only ran the yellow boat a few times and when I did, it was with Andy Furlott's powerhouse OMC/FE Motor on it. That's the picture in my avatar now. It ran great with the FE on it, and was one of the fastest FE's around here the couple times we ran it. Both boats drove similar, but with the FE on the yellow boat you knew the extra powerhead weight was back there.
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Some good interest on this, I think I have answered all private messages. If you buy it soon Lee could deliver it to the Winterhaven race. It's a great boat, you won't be disappointed
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Apel 350cc Hydro

Price reduced. Asking $2500.00 New boat on the way and Shifter Kart needs some love.
              Lee Tietze
              Machined Components

Comment

Apel 350 Hydro

New price: $1700 delivered to Winter Haven Florida. Trailer leaves monday March 26th.
                If interested: 503-263-2508
                Lee Tietze
                Machined Components

Comment

Apel 350cc Hydo

New Price $1200.00 or best offer. Too many boats, need to make room for more machinery.
                  Lee Tietze
                  Machined Components

Comment

Working...
                  X