DeSilva KR runabout...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeSilva KR runabout...........

Thinning out the herd for new class this year. DeSilva 350/1100 runabout for sale. Fully rigged except for steering pulleys. Full cover included. Open for offers. Email treadguy@bellsouth.net for pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by treadguy; 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM.

What's The Price?

You need to put privces on things if you want to sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
      You need to put privces on things if you want to sell them?

Seller stated he is open for offers in his post.

Comment

I Don't Care What Charlie Said....

I sell more stuff a than anyone I know, and I put prices on things.

Don't tell me how to sell things.

Ok, Charlie: How much do you want for the boat including some allegator tail?

13foot? What is the bottom width?

Pictures on BRF: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...517#post115517
        Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-28-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
          I sell more stuff a than anyone I know, and I put prices on things.

Don't tell me how to sell things.

Ok, Charlie: How much do you want for the boat including some allegator tail?

13foot? What is the bottom width?

Pictures on BRF: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...517#post115517
          Nobody is telling you how to sell things, just answering your original question.

Comment

private auctions on ebay qualify as "putting prices on things" ?

Comment

Hi All............I left at 5 am for Miami and just got back.

Ron.........I will measure it in the morning and try to come up with a price. I am not a runabout guy so I am out of the loop with this one. Tried to get Alan Ishii in it and haven't quite got there yet (but I'm close). Stay tuned....

P.S....pics added.
              Last edited by treadguy; 01-28-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Private Auctions

Originally posted by Gary_B View Post
                private auctions on E-Bay qualify as "putting prices on things" ?
                Private auctions just doesn't allow anyone but me to know who is bidding.

I have three tpes of listing on E-Bay:

1. Set price

2. Reserve Price: Which means unless someone wants to pay "X" I'll keep it.

3. No reserve auction: Last week I listed five fuel injectors, a motor needs six. I had no idea what they were worth so I started the auction at $1. They sold for $186. I think I had 29 bids.

Charlie: Any idea if this boat could be used for Antique C Racing and/or C Service?

Comment

DeSilva KR.....

13 ft long, 24 1/2 bottom at transom, 57 1/2 wide at transom, 68 1/2 cockpit length, 17 1/2 cockpit width (including padding).

Yes, Ron. I could see this being used in C Service. It ran really well at the Worlds here in FL against the 500's with my #3 350 Konig.

And the gator tail will have to wait until the DePue Reunion. Too cold for them to get up out of the mud down here and you won't see any until it warms up a bit.

Comment

Ron,

It may not be legal fo antique. I think it has to be older than 1985. Newer boats have to meet minumum measurements.

Also, that boat has too narrow of a bottom and not enough lift for a nervous C or PR. For example, the boat I ran at Depue and the boat that Ralph built for J Walls that won PR have a 36" bottom.

Tim
                    Tim Weber

Comment

Ron- Too bad you didn't have one of your old DSR boats for the antique runabout classes! The Fitts brothers used the same boats for DSR and 36R. The antique runabout classes are more like the 36R class than anything that I can think of.... The engines have fat lowerunits and are very top heavy. If you had a strong engine- I bet you could come up with a boat and some propellers that would work! Then we could see you race at DePue!
                      Last edited by B1PRORACER; 01-29-2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: editing mistakes

Comment

Let Me Explain....

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
                        Ron- Too bad you didn't have one of your old DSR boats for the antique runabout classes! The Fitts brothers used the same boats for DSR and 36R. The antique runabout classes are more like the 36R class than anything that I can think of.... The engines have fat lowerunits and are very top heavy. If you had a strong engine- I bet you could come up with a boat and some propellers that would work! Then we could see you race at DePue!
                        Dave Bryan likes Ralph DeSilva and Tim Weber. Tim and Ralph live near each other, and they get to DePue just about every year.

Dave bought a Nervous C and they've (Tim, Ralph and Dave) had trouble getting it to run. I've told Dave we need the motor in California to test it, but we haven't had a boat. I'll be 68 in April and never knew how to built the old alky motors. My brother is ten years older than I, he grew up with these motors, he even worke for "PEP" Hubbell before my brother was drafted in 1952.

I was thinking any boat would work for testing. I know when I used my brother's "Six Stud" Racing "C", we "Rocked it" 13 times, pulled it up on compression, turned the switch on and cranked it.....It always started. I thought it would be niced to get to DePue with a motor than we KNEW ran.

Tim check the boat rules. My 22 inch bottom DeSilva ran as fast as my 29 inch bottom.

As for me driving!!! I'm in MANAGEMENT.

Comment

Ron's Offer

Tim, you read what Ron said, crate the motor up and send ASAP.
                          I would take his offer all day and your crew would be happy too.
                          The motor is strong but just needs to finish 3 heats. I bet Dave and Ralph would agree too.
                          82F
                          Mark O'Brien

Comment

Lots of questions, lots of lookers. Don't see this one lasting very much longer. 10% goes to Hydroracer.net.

Comment

Bump. Trades?

Comment

Working...
                              X