Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

For lakers and river runners: Finally, a bolt-on high performance exhaust system for your 49.9 OMC loop triple. This new design replaces the long runner “sandwich plate” type, and features short, Mod-50 style interconnects to enable high RPM use. Designed for the factory powerhead adapter without modifications. It’s water cooled and will fit underneath your existing cowl. Images are the casting pattern mockup. Finished system will have provision for the starter solenoid

The kit will include all parts, fasteners, and gaskets. Taking orders now for spring 2012 kit. Please PM if interested. Thanks,

Tim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim Kurcz; 01-22-2012, 10:40 AM. Reason: technical content

Exhaust a go!

OK 49.9 racers,

There was enough interest that the project is going forward. The pattern is at the foundry and will be back next week for finer tuning. You'll see an update mid-February.

Tim

Comment

New Bass Machines Tower Design

Sid is working on a new tower design that will allow for an internal exhaust tuner directly down from the OMC 49 ci and 56 ci block as well as other engines. I can not tell from your photographs, does the exhaust block you are proposing exhaust out the bottom?
      Thanks,
      Neil Bass

Comment

Yes: Exhaust out the bottom (same as stock)

Tim's had that question a couple times and I'm confident the answer is "YES". This is an exhaust system much like the stock exhaust cover ass'y except it has a larger volume, much like the old Mod50 exhaust.
        The exhaust exits the bottom of the block, and into the tower housing adapter plate/tuner just like a fishing engine. He also mentioned it fits under a fishing engine cowling as well.
        Tom
        Last edited by 25xs; 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

49.9 exhaust detail

Originally posted by nbass View Post
          Sid is working on a new tower design that will allow for an internal exhaust tuner directly down from the OMC 49 ci and 56 ci block as well as other engines. I can not tell from your photographs, does the exhaust block you are proposing exhaust out the bottom?
          Thanks,
          Neil Bass
          Hi Neil,

Yes, the exhaust will exit under the powerhead through the factory duct. It will need a custom choke and meg to emulate the Mod-50, or the factory powerhead adapter with short meg. Soon as the first mold is made, images will be posted. Will gladly supply you and Sid a casting soon as available.

Tim

Comment

Great Plan for Team Work

Great, send us a casting so we can be sure your product will be compatible with the new tower housing. We can also use any information you can provide on the down pipe/meg and such. We do not currently plan to make the down pipe parts but do want the tower housing able to accommodate those items.

Thanks,
            Neil Bass

Comment

OMC 49.9 exhaust progress

Here is the completed exhaust system ready for production. The introductory price is $495 which includes the 6061-T6 divider plate & water jacket, 355 casting, gaskets, and fasteners ready for assembly (plus shipping). Orders for the first run will be taken through April 10 and require a $250 deposit. Shipments will be early-mid May. Please PM your contact information to reserve your system. Thanks for your interest.

Tim
              Attached Files

Comment

Good news & bad

Good news: On the subject of engine technology - I'm all about it! A thread dedicated to advances in 2 & 4 stroke technology would be great!

Bad news: Regarding the modified Nydahl "laker" exhaust, no deposits were received, so I'm scrapping the project except for my own engines. If I get bored next winter, a few may be built and offered.

For now, it's back to the shop where six customer towers, six exhaust systems, a NBRA 49.9 and 49.9 OMC turbo are in construction.

Enjoy your 2012 season!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                X