Best options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best options...

We are looking to expand into AXR and ASR. We are in the process of adding both classes back into the region 12 line-up.
    I want to get as many opinions as to which ASR/AXR is the best available.
    Any and all comments will be much appriciated

Thanks,

Bunker

We built Becky a Sorenson kit and have also had several Bennett boats. She has loved them all and found each to drive very well. We would have no problem recommending either boat and in fact just picked up another Bennett boat ourselves.

Good luck adding in the runabout classes, I hope they take off for you and R12!!!!
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Sorensen Jackal AXR

Very happy with this design.
      Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

thanks!

I pertty much thought those were "THE" options, I will probably support my local builder
        thanks again

-Bunker

Comment

If you schedule ASR, the AXR can legally run in that class as it is an accepted motor in the AS class. We found on a short course the Mercury 15 was competitive with the oMc. Long course, the R's bring the OMC to the front. You will have more entries with the ASR.

Comment

Region 11

Originally posted by Bunker hill View Post
            We are looking to expand into AXR and ASR. We are in the process of adding both classes back into the region 12 line-up.
            I want to get as many opinions as to which ASR/AXR is the best available.
            Any and all comments will be much appriciated

Thanks,

Bunker
            It looks like we will be running ASR in Region 11 this coming year. So far it looks like we have at least 3 boats. Not a big class but it is a start. I will be running a Zorkin as long as the loaner motor is still available. I don't know if I can afford to buy one yet if one comes along.
            kk

Comment

Call Frank...get a Z-Craft!

Comment

Thanks, Doc, we already run our AXH with the ASH's we are pretty competitive there, I agree with your short course statement, our last race, in ASH, second, in straight heats in a 10 boat field, to Tammy Dawe

Comment

Bunker- Like Dana said, call Frank and get a quote. I raced a Z-craft with great success in ASR/AXR. In fact, up until 2 years ago, the boat was still running out front in Region 10 with Aaron Salmon at the helm.

If you're looking for a high-end runabout, Max Acerno is selling his Jerry David's "football" AXR. This design is also very successful and has been seen out front at Nationals many heats. Also note, this boat is spotless and the condition is "like-new." Max is a pretty careful kid.

Have fun!
                  28-R

Comment

in region..........

why not have Ernie build one for ya......................Steven used to be unbeatable in his ASR Dawecraft.................
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

"Local Builder"

Originally posted by Bunker hill View Post
                      I pertty much thought those were "THE" options, I will probably support my local builder
                      thanks again

-Bunker
                      Mercguy...

"Local Builder" probably is Ernie Dawe. I ordered four boats, today!

AXR and ASR will have four boats in Region 12.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                        why not have Ernie build one for ya......................Steven used to be unbeatable in his ASR Dawecraft.................
                        Yeppers. Gonna order a Dawecraft ASR myself. Ernie can build winning runabouts

Last edited by AZ Outlaw; 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM.
                        sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

I Want A Name Change

I want to change AXS Runabout and ASR Runabout to AXS Flat Bottom and ASR Flat Bottom. They are flat bottoms. People seem to understand "FLAT BOTTOM".

So, are we shooting for eliminations in AXS and ASR Runabout too???

1. Schwarzenbach
                          2. Wallach
                          3. Hill

4. ?? (Knudsen? Curitis???)

Conant?

We are at 5 runabouts.......right now.

Only need seven mor for eliminations.

Comment

Connie in an ASR too?!? Ahhh this is gonna be so fun! I'm so excited!!! & Kyle- Salmon's was a Zorkan??
                            & hey Ron don't forget about Steve Sequeria! He's the one that wanted to start the ASR Class up again in region 12 with me! What about Dave Hale????
                            & silly question! Of course we're shooting for eliminations!
                            Last edited by Marlee Hill; 01-10-2012, 11:07 PM.
                            Marlee Hill
                            4th Generation Hill
                            Hill Racing Team
                            20ssH & SST45
                            1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                            Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Working...
                            X