Wanted: Speedmaster Lowerunit Water Pump Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Speedmaster Lowerunit Water Pump Housing

I was hoping that someone on here might know of a person that has what I am looking for. I have a 1961 Speedmaster LH rotation lower unit that had the water pump housing deleted for racing and now uses forced induction to feed the water. I have been in search of a replacement pump housing for quite some time with little to no progress. I've had a couple suggestions on modifying other water pumps (from Merc 700/800 DR units) as well as hooking up a bilge pump system to pump water through the engine. Before I resort to either modifying the unit (permanently) or to a strange idea (which might work) I am looking for help/guidance. Basically, half the unit is missing. I have the half that does not hold the impeller. The half I have is used to just cap off the area, it's basically a filler plate now. Does anyone have one or know of someone that does?

845-598-2609
    brandon.juby@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Brandon

I might consider a trade of units, plus cash for the difference of the water pump. Unit would have to be in pretty good condition considering the gears are brand new...

Comment

Bump....

Comment

Bump to top

Comment

pump hsg.

see ebay # 170774801977, cheers lee.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I saw that, unfortunately, the gentleman selling it has it partially mislabeled. It's a Super Speedmaster housing, plate, etc. I can tell from the double bearings. Super Speedmasters had two driveshafts (as he mentions) running parallel, instead of one as in the Speedmaster. I was very hopeful when it popped up on eBay, but after some consultation, realize the housing bolt pattern won't exactly mate up.

The hunt continues! Thanks -Brandon
            Last edited by BmJuby; 02-02-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

pump housing

Originally posted by BmJuby View Post
              I was hoping that someone on here might know of a person that has what I am looking for. I have a 1961 Speedmaster LH rotation lower unit that had the water pump housing deleted for racing and now uses forced induction to feed the water. I have been in search of a replacement pump housing for quite some time with little to no progress. I've had a couple suggestions on modifying other water pumps (from Merc 700/800 DR units) as well as hooking up a bilge pump system to pump water through the engine. Before I resort to either modifying the unit (permanently) or to a strange idea (which might work) I am looking for help/guidance. Basically, half the unit is missing. I have the half that does not hold the impeller. The half I have is used to just cap off the area, it's basically a filler plate now. Does anyone have one or know of someone that does?

845-598-2609
              brandon.juby@gmail.com

Thanks,
              Brandon
              Hey Brandon,

Try Doug Kay. He can make anything you need. Recently I cast some housings for the 75H for Doug. One of these might work.

Tim

Tim

Comment

Those were 75H housings ... completely different from the Speedmaster pump housing. Check valves face down into the 75H main housing ... they face up behind the driveshaft on the Speedmaster

Comment

Make parts

Hi Sam and Brandon,

Doug has a Speedmaster with pump housing. If he's willing to machine the part and you settle on a price, I'll pour the casting.

Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim. I have a couple leads, if they fall through I'll get in touch with Doug.

Comment

Working...
                    X