Older version Lifeline kneel or sit jacket FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older version Lifeline kneel or sit jacket FS

This has been in storage, in the bag, for a looong time. It's probably not APBA legal anymore, but would be a good safety vest for someone wanting extra protection in a gentlemens racer or high speed bass boat. These are over $500.00 now new. This one $200.00 + about $25.00 shipping in US.

I used this for both kneel and sit down boats. It works. (Ask me how I know that!)

Fits 37" ( med to small) chest. I was only 135 LBS at the time. Lifeline has an extender you can add to increase the chest size.

Bill, 850-623-1197
    Attached Files

"Bump"

Still have this jacket available. It would make a great gift for someone with a fast boat.

Comment

Here's the APBA rulebook on life jackets:

Life jackets: All racing life jackets must be constructed in compliance with the “APBA Life Jacket Basic Manufacturing Specifications” dated
      April 8, 1991. Copies are available from APBA National Headquarters.
      1) All racing life jackets must have a permanent affixed (sewn in) manufacturer’s label indicating:
      a) The date of manufacture or the date of recertification.
      b) The manufacturer’s or recertifier’s company name.
      c) The type category (A, A-100, B or C)
      “A” For use in an open cockpit and by an unrestrained occupant. Maximum boat speed is less than 100 mph.
      “A-100” For use in an open cockpit and by an unrestrained occupant. Maximum boat speed is 100 mph or greater. A-100 may also be used
      where A is required.
      “B” For use by a restrained occupant of a cockpit, not necessarily employing supplemental life support equipment needing life jacket
      accommodations.
      “C” For use by a restrained occupant of a cockpit, that employs supplemental life support equipment.
      d) Color Requirements: All life jackets shall have at least 70% of the upper surfaces above the waist, both front and back, international orange
      or yellow in color.
      e) The Drag category is exempt from any color requirements.
      f) Every driver shall demonstrate that his life jacket will function properly when requested by the referee.

According to this, is the jacket still legal for racing?

Comment

Originally posted by Fear the Duck View Post
        Here's the APBA rulebook on life jackets:

Life jackets: All racing life jackets must be constructed in compliance with the “APBA Life Jacket Basic Manufacturing Specifications” dated
        April 8, 1991. Copies are available from APBA National Headquarters.
        1) All racing life jackets must have a permanent affixed (sewn in) manufacturer’s label indicating:
        a) The date of manufacture or the date of recertification.
        b) The manufacturer’s or recertifier’s company name.
        c) The type category (A, A-100, B or C)
        “A” For use in an open cockpit and by an unrestrained occupant. Maximum boat speed is less than 100 mph.
        “A-100” For use in an open cockpit and by an unrestrained occupant. Maximum boat speed is 100 mph or greater. A-100 may also be used
        where A is required.
        “B” For use by a restrained occupant of a cockpit, not necessarily employing supplemental life support equipment needing life jacket
        accommodations.
        “C” For use by a restrained occupant of a cockpit, that employs supplemental life support equipment.
        d) Color Requirements: All life jackets shall have at least 70% of the upper surfaces above the waist, both front and back, international orange
        or yellow in color.
        e) The Drag category is exempt from any color requirements.
        f) Every driver shall demonstrate that his life jacket will function properly when requested by the referee.

According to this, is the jacket still legal for racing?
        As it stands, no.

It has no manufacturing date. This jacket was last used in 1994 with my OPC F100. It was always dried and stored in the bag.

I consulted with the Lifeline folks about this and they indicated that this could probably be re-certified. It is made of the same outer materials as the newer ones except the front has a Kapok buoyancy material. As it is now too small for me (old age shift) I just bought a new one instead.

Comment

Working...
        X