J merc restrictor plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J merc restrictor plate

I have several APBA Merc restrictor plates for sale . Pm if interested .. Thanks Shawn

Do you still have the one with the smaller dimension? I'm setting up an engine which will run on maple syrup and acetone and I understand that not all restrictor plates have the same dimensions. This engine is completely stock but we have managed to heat it up a bit. So far, our best results have been with Goranson's Farm Maine Organic maple syrup. It checks right out on the fuel tester too.

The other fuel I have found works good.. the pit crew loves it.. is coffee brandy, but you need to open yer friggen jets up burt if'n you wanna make it bark.

Alex

Comment

I have a varity of sizes, aparently the are inspected after your kid wins a race ,not when installed in a new motor. I dont know about ''runnin on brandy but there is a lot of BS related to these plates.

Comment

I'd like to buy one with a really large hole in it......it's the only way my kid will beat Team Unlimited! Those guys know how to set up and drive a boat!

PM sent Shawn.

Fred

Last edited by fhafer; 11-10-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Shawn

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
          I have a varity of sizes, aparently the are inspected after your kid wins a race ,not when installed in a new motor. I dont know about ''runnin on brandy but there is a lot of BS related to these plates.
          Your plate issue should be put in writing to your J Class Commissioner from your area which is Billy Allen. Copy Chairman Buddy Tennell on the issue and demand it be put on the J Class agenda at the National Meeting. 'If APBA' is selling a faulty product the membership needs to be made aware and APBA be held accountable. In this new age of 'transparency' all matters pro and con need to be openly discussed to reach a proper conclusion!

Thanks for supporting racing in Region 4 by making the 16 hour trip to Tabor City last month from Maine. CVRA appriciated all the classes you guys competed in!!

Matt D'Agostino
          Region 4 SORC Commissioner

Comment

Matt I agree. Send the plates to Billy or Buddy. I do not know if this is a just Fast Jacks way of joking or is a fact. Lets clear it up. After all these years this is the first time of hearing this. There was an issue some years ago with the OMC plates as they were laser cut.
            bill b

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
              Shawn, Could I get a pourous one with the really, really small holes cut at an angle. I believe mine is a bit too solid.

Comment

Shawn,
                I sent a PM, but never heard back. Are you selling them or sending them in for inspection? If they aren't available I'll go to APBA. I need two.

Fred

Comment

Plates

Hi Fred . Sorry I missed your PM- I responded . Thanks Shawn

Comment

Look Fred....!!! you'll get whatchu get hokay!!! Don't be making waves here. Shawn is just ticked off because he bought a new digital caliper from Harbor Freight and his restrictor plate seems a wee bit small.

I suggest you call the Snap-On tool Rep or the MAC tool rep who handles Shawn and have a chit chat with them. Thery'll probably tell you Shawn tool has NEVER been calibrated (at least not since he dropped it) and that the accuracy is suspect... at the least.

It's beyond comprehension that a restrictor plate could be 'out of tolerance'..... I mean, what are tolerances four?

Alex
                    PS... hey.... all the above is tongue-in-cheek, however some of it may in fact be factually correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X