This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old 102 needed

Looking to buy a tired 102. It can need some work done on it. I have a runabout that was given to me which I have almost made sea worthy. I'm looking for an old inexpensive 102. It could even be a basket case. I just don't have a ton of money now that I'm retired. All offers appreciated. I know motors are not usually very cheep, however some one may have an old one in the back of there man cave that needs to be resurrected.

711R

B Grade Motor

Hello 711R,

I have a 102 that is in excellent condition, and runs extremely well. The problem is it is not extremely fast By that, I mean that I cant get it within 200RPM of my best motor. It would be a perfect lake racer, it has good compression, and spark and is in perfect working condition. It is just 1.5 MPH off the good stuff and I have already gone through it twice. I would need to get $1000.00 for it.

I would love to sell it to a lake racer, as I don't feel good trying to sell it to a boat racer.

Thanks,
    Dean
    Last edited by csh12M; 10-07-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On View Post
      Looking to buy a tired 102. It can need some work done on it. I have a runabout that was given to me which I have almost made sea worthy. I'm looking for an old inexpensive 102. It could even be a basket case. I just don't have a ton of money now that I'm retired. All offers appreciated. I know motors are not usually very cheep, however some one may have an old one in the back of there man cave that needs to be resurrected.

711R
      What about a Y80? Just a thought,I don't have one.

Comment

Dean, I'm sorry that i can not take you up on your offer. It sounds like just what I need. However it is more than I can afford at this time. I will keep your offer in the back of my mind if my circumstances change I will get a hold of you.

Thank you,
        Jack

Comment

I have not thought about an 80. But that may be a good way to go. Thanks for the idea.

Jack

Comment

Working...
          X