needing marine grade plywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing marine grade plywood

any body in the area of western Indiana and eastern Illinois area have any 3/4 marine plywood needing to sell ?

need about half a sheet 2'x8' foot or lil less of 3/4 marine plywood not the kind you can get at Lowe's either lol

cannot have any voids or foot balls in it

wanting to fix transom i my B&N style runabout

please advise needing this as soon as possible

thanks
    Randy
    Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Randy,

Northwest lumber in Indy has some 3/4 marine fir plywood on their web site. That is where I found the Okoume (4mm) that I am using for decking. They were reasonable on the Okoume ($55/sheet). Their Okoume was by Joubert, so it was good stuff. Their price on the 3/4 is listed as $82/sheet. They don't update their web site that often, so call them first.

It's really hard to find decent wood here in the middle of nowhere, but this is probably your best bet. Call them 317-293-1100.

Good luck,

Comment

hey manny thanks for the fast info i am probably going there Tuesday just got off phone with them and they have what i need

thanks
      Randy
      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Cool, glad it worked for you.

I also found that, of all places, Menards has Honduran mahogany in a couple of sizes that are usable if you need to replace any other smaller pieces, like ribs or battens. Their mahogany weighs within 5% of spruce (42 lbs per cu ft as compared to 40 for Sitka spruce), and I couldn't find a decent source for spruce anywhere, within a few hundred miles of here. They have it in up to 10 ft lengths, and up to 8 inch widths, very clean stuff for a reasonable price.

Manny

Comment

Working...
        X