WTB pitch gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB pitch gauge

I am looking for a pitch gauge for props 5.75 to 6.75 inches in diameter.

David,
    Call Ron Hill
    Ed

Comment

I have a Ron Hill pitch gauge that I'll sell.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

contact john meyers in seatt;e the best pitch guages and rake guages avaible... they are coppies of ed karelsons,,, the nearest you will get to a dial indicater/ie true pitch,,,

Comment

John Meyers dose make great pich guages but i designed the guage not Ed Karelson all the best David Bryan

Comment

pitch gage

Originally posted by david bryan View Post
            John Meyers dose make great pich guages but i designed the guage not Ed Karelson all the best David Bryan
            Would you mind posting a picture of it in action?
            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

this is my work bench at home.guage @ the left is my design right one is a Runquest they a high price guage . Ilike mine better DAVID
              Attached Files

Comment

guess david hasent seen the new ones john is doing

Comment

just remember rake is prob more important than pitch,,,,????

Comment

prop guage

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                    i didnot know john was making any prop gauges sence his hart operation so have not sean any new ones .

Comment

prop

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                      I think they need each other along with diameter and shape for fine tuning
                      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

john has ported me 3 v-rudes this summer and lots of unlimited raceing with jw,,,, we where 3mph over 1 mile record, this year with new karelson i built,,, just needed good water and no wind,,,

Comment

Just a Note

My family only races one class "A". We have over 30 props for the OMC, plenty for the KG4, and some for the "Sidewinder" and that is NOT enough. BUY PROPS OR LOOK AT THE TAILS OF EVERYONE ELSE!
                          Dan Wilde
                          58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

I have a Ron Hill Pitch Gage. Does anybody have a John Meyers and would they show a picture of it? I may be interested in buying one if it is superior to Hills.
                            Bill Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by david bryan View Post
                              this is my work bench at home.guage @ the left is my design ... DAVID
                              David; -I have a guage similar to the one closest to the drill press,
                              not exactly like that one, but close. I have some questions;

-at what diameter do you measure the pitch?
                              The scale on mine has 12" scribed in at 45deg, which is only true at a diameter of 1.92". Maybe close for a 7" prop, but what is the accepted protocol ?

-my scale is linear, from 6" to 18",
                              ie; 6" at 22.5 deg
                              12" at 45deg
                              18" at 67.5deg.
                              High school trig tells me that pitch, ie; rise over run,
                              is a function of the tangent of the angle,
                              so the scale should not be linear.
                              Are your scales linear, and at what diameter does it indicate true pitch?
                              Last edited by bh/; 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM. Reason: sp?
                              Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                              "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
                              X