• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for sale kg7h

for sale
    1950 kg7h fully restored and running ! will be at crystal lake this weekend

dixon pits

THE MOTOR IS SOLD!!!!!!
    Last edited by dixon 5ce; 09-19-2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: MOTOR SOLD !!!!!!

Rob, I know someone in Toronto who would be interested... I'll let him know tomorrow.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Bringing money for motor Rob.

We tried calling and got voice mail... he also emailed you.

If you see this, please get green card for motor at border so I can bring it back in my car without trailer without issue if you still have motor.

Andrew
      Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

still have this motor? very interested if so....

Comment

Originally posted by batman11585 View Post
          still have this motor? very interested if so....
          See edit in 1st post, motor sold in the Fall.
          Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

kg7h

Originally posted by hydroid View Post
            See edit in 1st post, motor sold in the Fall.
            alright thanks anyway

Comment

Kg 7h

I have a perfect KG7H fully restored if you are interested.
              Ed Provini

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Provini View Post
                Ed Provini
                Is it a true H, or just a KG7 on an H tower?

Comment

There was no differance between the KG-7 and the KG-7H other then the bendix flywheel was cut down. Back in the day when the 20-H came out you could convert the KG-7 to a KG-4 and send the serial plate back to Mercury and the would send you a KG-4 plate with the same serial number as the KG-7 plate you sent them.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

There is a difference. Both from a collector standpoint and an ID tag standpoint. True KG7-H engines say H on the ID stamp, not just KG7. True KG7-Hs left the factory with the appropriate ID plate and are rarer. You are correct about mechanical differences, there are none other than the flywheel as far as I'm aware of. I would never pay more than the value of the tower and foot for a regular KG7 as I could purchase a KG7 power head for around $50 right now. The only "pricey" powerhead item might be the lighter flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by BmJuby View Post
                      There is a difference. Both from a collector standpoint and an ID tag standpoint. True KG7-H engines say H on the ID stamp, not just KG7. True KG7-Hs left the factory with the appropriate ID plate and are rarer. You are correct about mechanical differences, there are none other than the flywheel as far as I'm aware of. I would never pay more than the value of the tower and foot for a regular KG7 as I could purchase a KG7 power head for around $50 right now. The only "pricey" powerhead item might be the lighter flywheel.
                      I think George was talking from a mechanical standpoint. For racing or just running, the H designation doesn't matter. If you want to put it on the rack and look at it, the H would have more value
                      Mark Krzyzanowski
                      32-CE

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 32 View Post
                        I think George was talking from a mechanical standpoint. For racing or just running, the H designation doesn't matter. If you want to put it on the rack and look at it, the H would have more value
                        Very true again. Or you can run it AND show it. Best of both worlds. I only asked in the first place because I was somewhat interested and as a potential purchaser and that the price tends to go upon whether it was a true H or an "after market" H.

Comment

Kg7

Ed,
                          I am a beginner to racing and I love old outboards. Where are you located? Email is the best way to get a hold of me (d.scheda@yaboo.com).
                          Thanks a bunch,
                          Dan

Comment

How Much

Originally posted by Ed Provini View Post
                            Ed Provini
                            Ed,

How much $$$

Thanks,

Dean Hobart
                            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dean and all,
                              The motor is a KG 7H.I am not sure if all numbers match.I will remove the freshly painted lower cowls and check.Make an offer.
                              Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X