Hydroplanes Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroplanes Wanted

I am just kind of looking for some newer boats for my two sons .I am looking for a D-E Hydro and also a E-SE Hydro if anyone has anything out there let me know if not I think I may build a couple of new ones when the snow starts blowing .Thanks Tim

Try these...

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22090

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20815

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21953
    You might check with Dave Mason on the this one. He had an entire rig for sale at one time, not sure if it's still available?

Good luck to you!
    93-C

Comment

Hi Tim,
      I have a D hydro that is going to need a little work but is the coolest looking hydro I'm ever seen. Don't know the maker but I believe it came out of St. Louis. It has never been painted and has the original varnish on it. It is probably from the 70's so it's not real new. I can send you some pictures if you're interested. I also have a Bezoats A/B Hydro for sale. I have started to strip the paint but have lost interest and need the garage space for other boat projects. Jeff 937. 417. 4091

Comment

[QUOTE=boatcrazy;187725]Hi Tim,
        Don't know the maker but I believe it came out of St. Louis. It has never been painted and has the original varnish on it. It is probably from the 70's so it's not real new. I can send you some pictures if you're interested.

Hey boatcrazy,

The only hydros built in St.Louis in the 70's that I know of were built by my granpda Andy Lowrey. Look at my avatar. I am kneeling on one of his boats with him standing near the front of the boat. Does your boat look anything like that? I would love to see the pics.
        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

boat

Originally posted by boatcrazy View Post
          Hi Tim,
          I have a D hydro that is going to need a little work but is the coolest looking hydro I'm ever seen. Don't know the maker but I believe it came out of St. Louis. It has never been painted and has the original varnish on it. It is probably from the 70's so it's not real new. I can send you some pictures if you're interested. I also have a Bezoats A/B Hydro for sale. I have started to strip the paint but have lost interest and need the garage space for other boat projects. Jeff 937. 417. 4091
          my email is hydroplanedriver@yahoo.com

Comment

Dennis,
            My boat looks very similar to the one you are kneeling in. In fact, the 44 cu.in. spray shield housing is embossed Lowrey Boats and Service! I will post some pictures tonight if I get a chance.

Comment

Hi Tim.
              Wife has the camera with her at work but I will try to send you pictures tonight.

Comment

Tim:

Check your e-mail for a message from randbenter@earthlink.net

Comment

hydro

Originally posted by boatcrazy View Post
                  Hi Tim.
                  Wife has the camera with her at work but I will try to send you pictures tonight.
                  Ok jeff looking forward seeing what you have.Thanks Tim

Comment

Originally posted by hustler_race_product View Post
                    Ok jeff looking forward seeing what you have.Thanks Tim
                    I am looking forward to seeing the pics as well.

As for the spray shield bracket you mention, I have the mold for that hanging in my garage. My uncle Andy poured the bracket castings at his iron works business in downtown St. Loius and my dad rolled and shaped the actual aluminum shields in the Ozark Airlines machine shop at Lambert Field.

Wow...the memories.
                    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

hydros

Thanks for the info Anthony I will try to get ahold of him this week Tim

Comment

Well Dennis, I can tell you that the casting is a top quality item and well done. Still working on the pictures.

Comment

more pictures
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tim I could help you out with some plans if you want to go new or I can build one for you.
                            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                            X