Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for J hydro setup

Fellow Racers,

I have a 13 year old that has fallen in love with the J hydro and I need to find a good complete setup.

Please email me with anything you may have

Steve Merleau
    merleauracing@gmail.com

J-hydrp / MHRA Racer School

Steve,

Mark Miskerik here, I'm the current commodore of MHRA (Mich Hydroplane Racing Assoc.). We have our second Racer School coming up on July 8th in Grass Lake. If your racer has never been in a boat (race boat) this is a great opportunity to have them get some classroom education on racing, then get 15-20 laps of boat time. With the $50 is a 3-day APBA membership that will allow them to race over the weekend if they are ready and want to. We had 2 new "J" drivers go through our Racer School at Contantine, MI 2 weeks ago and each raced 1 day over the weekend.

We may also may have some good leads on some very good J equipment in our area.

Mark

Comment

Racer School

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I would like to jump in here and say a few words about the racer school. I also have a 13 year old and she was one of the ones that went through the racer school in Constantine. I can't recommend it enough. The school was very well done and answered many of the questions my daughter had. When it came time to drive the boat they had motor problems that I thought might end her chances of driving that day. 4 gentlemen did a fast motor and gear foot change so she would be able to drive. Then they set her up with a boat on sunday so she could race for the first time. Everyone associated with the school was very friendly and went above and beyond to help us.

This is a lot of fun and an excellent opportunity for anyone out there who would like to give racing a try. Here is a link to a professional photo of her in her first race:

http://fpwp.photoshelter.com/gallery...000ksTPLkW08dw

Thanks again Racer School,
      Peter and Mary Allen

Comment

Steve,
        What area of the country are you from?

Comment

Kurt,
          pipl says Steve is from Fennville, MI.

Cheers,
          Fred

Comment

Near You

If you live in Fennville I know the area. I hunt geese there at the Todds Farm. Also slip into the Ottowa Marsh now and again.

Should you have any questions regarding any equipment I can promise you an honest answer. And also any help you might need, just ask.

Dave
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

My dads Marine is in Fennville I actually live in St Joseph Mi. We currently race OPC and my son raced a J in Texas this year. Im trying to find a good setup with out going broke . I need everything from Gear for the boy to boat and motor.....

Comment

this is theeeee man to talk to gary pond 804 928 8952

Comment

Jsh

I can't agree more about the Driving school!

Marine Racing Club has a driving school in Rochelle, IL on July 15-17 (Friday Afternoon-Sunday).

We have quite a few folks signed up already, but we can definitely make room for a J driver.

We will have a J rig and a CSH rig set up for the school. It's very likely that a J Merc will also be for sale and possibly a boat as well. Marine Racing Club is working to have complete rigs for sale for new folks to jump in and race.

Since you are from MI, be sure to get involved in the local club and attend some races. Mark Miskerik, and MHRA, are very focused on getting new folks started and will be extremely helpful.

If you are interested in the Rochelle school, please let Mike Mackey know. He is a frequent HR poster, so I'm sure he will see your reply.

Best of Luck!
                  - Mike Pavlick

Comment

Working...
                  X