D quickie lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D quickie lower unit

Does anyone know if there are any d-quickie lower units for sale and what they cost. I may be interested in purchasing one. Thank you.

I have a D unit for sale. If interested give me a call @ 405 721-2755.
    Dudley Malone

Comment

d unit

how much for the unit

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitears2 View Post
        ... are any d-quickie lower units for sale and what they cost.
        -this one on the next page;
        -price is about right, IMHO

New Complete 44XS Gear Case $1,200.00 574-457-5300 / 574-457-5065 E-Mail hurshinsurance@mchi.com
        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Bud purchased this gear case from me. I was never run after being built from a new case from Brian Palmquist, new gears from the Wisconsin guy who had them made to Mercury spec (sorry I don't remember his name), new bearings and shafts, new water pump and cartridge and then was shaped by Mark Shmerbach in Wisconsin. This is an excellent buy for for the money that Bud is asking. There is way more money into this than his asking price. If you're looking for a good 44XS gearcase, you won't be disappointed so don't pass it up.

Comment

that guy in WIS would be the foot doctor Ron Thomas he is the best lower unit man around when he is gone may god help us all LOL
            Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Guy in Wisconsin

That 'guy in Wisconsin' who had the Mercury D gears reproduced to original spec, with Mercury's permission, is Dennis Hansen of Oshkosh. Dennis is an
              ex-Mercury Hi-Perf guy.

Dave Steckbauer, also of Oshkosh, is another ex-Mercury Hi-Perf guy who works on racing gearcases, everything from 2 cylinder Quickies up to SSM's, Drag and Offshore gearcases. He is Steckbauer Speedmaster Service.

Ron Thomas, Milwaukee, is the Foot Doctor, and is another excellent gear case guy. Ron is also a retired racer of note, with much success in B and 25 Runabouts.

Hope this clears up the confusion...

Jerry Wienandt
              Trident Racing

Comment

sorry was not trying to add to the confusion just trying to give Ron Thomas a plug as he has helped me greatly and he deserves it

regards
                Randy
                Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                X