1957 b konig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 b konig

im looking for 1957 b konig cone tail or complete gearcase.gear ratio must be 14:14. anyone got one pls contack me. windchaser100@hotmail.com.

I have a few here, 14:14 'LINKS',
    from parts to VG
    What exactly do u need?
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

14:14 'link'

yeah, that's what im talking about.i need a complete gearcase and a extra cone tail.u got a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by bh/ View Post
        I have a few here, 14:14 'LINKS',
        from parts to VG
        What exactly do u need?
        Links Is german for Left, meaning that the tailcone is left hand thread. The later style of this unit has along 8 mm bolt holding the tailcone. Steve

Comment

looking for 1957 b konig 14:14 gearcase

mine is without bolt on cone tail.obviously its come off early model.someone must have a extra complete gearcase.pls contact [email]me. windchaser100@hotmail.com
          Last edited by lcp8410; 05-28-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I will look

Originally posted by lcp8410 View Post
            mine is without bolt on cone tail.obviously its come off early model.someone must have a extra complete gearcase.pls contact [email]me. windchaser100@hotmail.com
            I will look tomorrow and report back if Brian does not have one, I have a few of these early types but I sold all my new parts to Brian a few years back. steve

Comment

Pretty sure the bolt type Konig didn't start until around 1960.

Steve, do you have a good handle on when the split case type started? I have one marked 3/69

I'm trying to figure out whether to put it under a slightly older 500 or use the bolt type.
              Last edited by sam; 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                Pretty sure the bolt type Konig didn't start until around 1960.

Steve, do you have a good handle on when the split case type started? I have one marked 3/69

I'm trying to figure out whether to put it under a slightly older 500 or use the bolt type.
                The first split type cases were used under big motors (500 OC thru 760 OF ) First as that is where the problem with breakage occurred first. I think as early as 67/68. Remember we seen new stuff here after it was tested and raced in Europe. The Bolt type was first used on FC/FD 2 cylinder motors and then the others. One piece units were used on FA's until about 73 or so with the B motor getting the split case first. Early split cases also had the straight cut gears and pinion was pressed on like one piece types. Later this was changed to what we use now with a larger pinion bearing. Your split case will more than likely be Ok for what you are doing but if the 500 you speek about is from the 80's it will march through the gears. If your case has a V shape at the top from the back you have a early big case unit with straight tooth gears. This is the unit I talk about above. Many do not grasp the fact that Konig used everything to the last so you could have a 72 model motor with a unit from 69. Steve

Comment

The foot has the V back. The motor is VB6864. So, in your opinion, either type foot is appropriate?

Comment

Sam, By your ser# that would be a 350cc 4 cyl...needs 12/15 gears...DD

Comment

The foot has the V back. The motor is VB6864. So, in your opinion, either type foot is appropriate?
                      Sam your number says that it is a B motor. Your unit is from a C or above, Check the gear ratio as the 4 cylinder B used a 12:14 (Early) or a 12:15 ( Later) unit and still some like my 74 had 15:16. And yes your B came with a one piece unit new but could of had a Split type bought for it during its racing life. Most do not understand that with Konig motors and the way they were made, is that they latter updates were retro fit to earlier motors of same type, and as racers do, they buy updated parts to update their motors. So a all original Konig for year match is harder to find because of this. The value is not different from either though. I have a later split unit for a B for a collector that is for sale. Steve

Comment

Thanks. I got the VB with no foot. Both of my cases are empty. The split case will be going to my collector friend that I sent the Yamato cases to earlier this year.

Thank you very much for the info.
                        Last edited by sam; 05-29-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Your Welcome and I forget

Thanks. I got the VB with no foot. Both of my cases are empty. The split case will be going to my collector friend that I sent the Yamato cases to earlier this year.

Thank you very much for the info.
                          Hi Sam Your welcome, But I also forget that early one piece type has a 10 mm square unlike the later and current type with 12 mm square. The starter of this thread needs to find out what square is on his B motor so he can get the correct unit. For his information I only have the small square a motor types 12:15 and all are frozen up. Their are not parts for these as the bearings used were discontinued long ago making Konig change to the type we are used to today. I have tons of NOS Konig stuff, pistons rings and stuff and also pistons for early type motors. B Pistons are deflector type and different ring thickness.
                          Sam, If you are interested in the split type B unit I have from a friend let me know. Thanks Steve

Comment

Originally posted by lcp8410 View Post
                            ...someone must have a extra complete gearcase.pls contact [email]me. windchaser100@hotmail.com
                            I sent u a msg with pix and quote to this address;
                            windchaser100@hotmail.com

Let me know what u want.
                            Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                            "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
                            X