Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digatron DT-47FT Fuel Tester

SOLD

A Digatron DT-47FT fuel test meter, "as new", plastic still covering the face, with manual. It measures the dielectric constant of fuel. It also tells the temperature of the fuel.

All performance enhancing fuel chemicals leave a rather large indicator on the dielectric scale. You can also see if the fuel in your fuel tank/cell matches the required fuel at each event. For example, if you are running a different fuel at the current event than the last, and there is either some leftover fuel in the tank/cell, or some old fuel that is being suspended in your fuel cell. So you could fill up your fuel cell with new, legal event fuel, and then take a sample from your sample port, and test it to ensure legality.

Also, in classes where the racers use premium pump gas, it is quite possible that the fuel coming out of that hose is not legal.

There are no consumables, and nothing to replace for each test. A small quantity of Reagent or Lab Grade Cyclohexane is required for calibration. If you are on the edge of legality fuel-wise, you should re-calibrate the meter the day of the event, and test your fuel. I have a small amount of Cyclohexane, but I don’t think that I can ship it legally. VP Racing Fuels carries it.

Uses 3 AAA batteries, current batteries are dead.

Using this meter means that there will be no question about the legality of your fuel in most/all sanctioning bodies.

The list price new is about $500. I am selling this one for $275.

Paypal would be much preferred.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisInAtlanta; 05-26-2011, 04:28 AM. Reason: Sold
Working...
X