Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Starter for Racing Outboards

Hello Racers;

Built specially for racing outboards, I now offer a Coleman Super Mini Gear Reduction Electric Starter for your racing outboard. Don't be without this!

Price only $249.50 + freight

Jim McKean
    E-Mail: <captainjimmckean@yahoo.com>
    Phone (214) 577-5644
    Attached Files

What is the size of the end of the shaft?
    I assume one fits a socket suited to the flywheel
    nut of the motor.
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Electric Starter

We can attach a socket to the end, or a stater pulley engagement accessory.

Jim McKean

Comment

Electric Starter for PRO, MOD, Stock

Hello Racers;

I have Latest and Best Coleman Electric Starters, designed for Racing Outboards. Total length of Driveshaft/Adapter is less than 1 1/2" total.
        New improved, for 2010, 10 AMP, newest AGM* sealed Battery.

New 2010 Coleman Electric Starter w/10 AMP AGM Battery: $249.95**
        ** Plus Starter Pulley Adapter
        * AGM is absorbed glass mats

Jim McKean
        Ph (214) 577-5644
        Attached Files

Comment

Starter

These things are great! they"ll start my dmod all day long. And its good for checking compression, makes it quick.
          DUSTIN HAMILTON TOP GUN RACING 11-Z
          No Backing Out

Comment

2010 Electric Starters

Hey Racers;

These were designed for you PRO and MOD, and Stock Racing Outboard guys.
            Your Pit Crew will love you!!

Jim McKean
            captainjimmckean@yahoo.com
            Ph (214) 577-5644

Comment

Does that include the charger? My shoulders are sore.

Comment

Electric Starter for PRO, MOD, STOCK

Hello Racers;

I have the latest, best, Coleman Electric Starters, made for Outboards.
                Optional, new 10 AMP sealed Battery included at $249.95.
                Two options are (A) 1 1/2" Driveshadt w/Aluminum Adapter w/2 dowel pins to engage starter pulley, or (B) 4" driveshaft w/socket end to engage top flywheel nut.

Jim McKean
                E-Mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com
                Ph (214) 577-5644
                Attached Files

Comment

Super Power Electric Starter

Hello Racers;

Available now are Coleman Super Mini Gear Drive Starter, with powerful 10 amp AGM sealed battery. Available with optional Aluminum Adapter which engages rope plate, or with socket end.
                  With your order, I can deliver to Constantine, or DePue.

$249.50 which includes optional 10 Amp Battery.

Jim McKean
                  <captainjimmckean@yahoo.com>
                  Ph (214) 577-5644
                  Attached Files

Comment

Electric Starter for PRO, MOD, STOCK

Hello Racer's PIT CREW;

Tired of cranking on that finicky, hard to start Outboard? Miss a heat because your engine wouldn't start?
                    Get an ELECTRIC Starter, get out every heat; your pit crew will love you!

ELECTRIC Starter with powerfull 12 volt battery................$249.50

Jim McKean................captainjimmckean@yahoo.com
                    (214) 577-5644

Comment

Ok, I will ask the stupid question.....

I have read this post a few times, and the price is right. However, I am not sure how it is spinning the flywheel. What I am wondering is will it work on a Hot Rod, Sidewinder, or Yamato 102/302

Thanks,
                      12M

Comment

Starter

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
                        I have read this post a few times, and the price is right. However, I am not sure how it is spinning the flywheel. What I am wondering is will it work on a Hot Rod, Sidewinder, or Yamato 102/302

Thanks,
                        12M
                        Yes it will. It uses a socket to fit the flywheel nut.

Comment

Piece if Advice for Hot Rods, Etc

If your engin has a crank that is not, well strong and well built, I reccomend you not using the ele starter directly to the crank nut. It will twist the top of your crank off eventually. I have seen this happen a few times in the Pro Div, and I can see it happening in the mod and stock stuff too. Best advice I can give, is to modify your roping plate and twist off this. We machined a piece that fits over the flywheel nut, and bolts to the flywheel using bolts through the regular locations. We twist off this to avoid any crank issues. Not sure if this is legal in stock, but I would reccomend it if you use one of the go kart starters.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Hi Glen;

You can spin the engine, with the starter, at least two (2) different ways.
                            (A) Simplly attached a socket (15/16". 22mm, or whatever your top crank nut is), to the driveshaft with 1/2" male socket end. OR (B)
                            (B) Drill two holes in crank plate, and I have adapter with two pins, which engage the two holes in crank plate.
                            E-Mail me and I'll send a picture.

Jim McKean............captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Comment

A Few Tips on Kart Style Electric Starters

I have been using an electric starter for five years now on Yamato and Rossi PRO motors. Here is what I have learned:

If you use a socket on the crankshaft nut you should:

1. Buy a premium-quality, hardened six-point socket (I bought mine at Sears) like they use on industrial impact guns.
                              2. Order the short shaft (karts use the long shaft.)
                              3. Keep your battery on a motorcycle battery charger when not in use (mine is on 24/7 in the garage.)
                              4. ALWAYS have the starting person PULL STRAIGHT UP when the motor starts (think about it, your starter unit weighs about 18 pounds and it is a big lever arm with a 150+ pound adult holding it out at chest height!) Try to keep the boat level while starting the motor and make sure the starter person is standing on firm footing. Show the starter person how you want them to start your motor if they have never used the starter before.
                              5. It helps to machine out your pulley plate with a little added space around the nut hole so that the edge of the socket sits down as far as possible over the nut and into the new pulley recess (ref. - re-read item 4 above.)
                              6. Always check the motor by turning the pulley plate by hand to make sure the motor is not loaded up with fuel before starting (even if you use a rope.)
                              7. Buy a spare battery -- when the sealed battery fails, it will not recharge.

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X