302 thrust bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 302 thrust bracket

Anyone have a Yamato 302 transom-mount thrust bracket they'd like to part company with?

2 kinds of brackets available

Originally posted by apache88 View Post
    Anyone have a Yamato 302 transom-mount thrust bracket they'd like to part company with?
    Apache, Brown Tool( http://www.btmco.com/ ) sells 2 types of thrust bracket:
    1) transom mounted
    2) engine mounted

Must you have transom mounted or could you install engine mounted?
    I prefer engine mounted, keeps the transom clean/no bolt holes.
    Perhaps others can state pros/cons of each, if you have option to chose bt the 2.
    Hydroid
    Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

thrust bracket

Thanks for the reply. To tell the truth, i'm just getting into the sport. From a cost perspective, the engine mount is more appealing. My main concern is safety, though. If the engine mount will work, i have no problem with that option.

Comment

Originally posted by apache88 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. To tell the truth, i'm just getting into the sport. From a cost perspective, the engine mount is more appealing. My main concern is safety, though. If the engine mount will work, i have no problem with that option.
        All we use on our 4 boats is the motor mount style and have never had a problem
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Other stuff

The engine mounted bracket is safe; perhaps others can comment about performance effectiveness over the transom mounted. My guess is the transom mounted might transfer more of the prop generated torque to the transom as it is affixed lower on the tower and transom than engine mounted...not sure how much of a performance difference this makes?

If you go with engine mounted, absolutey spend the $100+ bracket savings on set-up tools: engine angle checker($60), and height checker($48.50). These are important for performance, safety(boat ride angle), engine cooling, and racing within allowable engine height tolerances(CSH: 3/4" propshaft min height). These will be of greater benefit to you than putting $100 into transom mounted bracket.
          Last edited by hydroid; 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM.
          Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

thrust bracket

thanks to all. great information. as i stated before i'm just getting into the sport, so it's wonderful to have this resource.

Comment

Working...
            X