Bass Lower unit replacement gears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Lower unit replacement gears.

Just checking to see if anyone is interested in new 1-1 gears for the bass lower units.

We may produce some if enough interested racers want a different choice. Let me know your thoughts on it.. U can send private message, if what, also.. We just know that our FEs. are tearing them up.

Comment

Are you using the thin driveshaft?

Comment

Originally posted by stoneracing View Post
        We just know that our FEs. are tearing them up.

I'm surprised to hear that you guys are tearing up that many gears. Andy is easily getting 2+ years out of his Bass gears under his FE and you know his equipment is powerful as it is always a front runner.
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

is the Bass factory not selling any more replacement gears?
          mike ross

Comment

heard today that bass has about 200 sets just needs to get them heat treated

Comment

Causes for gear failures

If you are having pre-mature gear failures there may be several causes you should consider before expending a large sum of money trying to design and manufacture your own gears. A short stiff down shaft will transmit all the engine shock loading directly to the gears. That is why we recommend a turned down drive shaft as long as possible. The shorter the reduced diameter shaft, the quicker the gears will fail. Change the gear lube every race if not every heat. Use a lube that does not foam. Ask what the other FE drivers are using for lube. If your engine is detonating or excessively vibrating that too will damage the lower unit gears. Attached is our recommended drive shaft information.

Have Better Luck,
              Neil Bass
              Attached Files

Comment

Are these gears cast or machined from bar-stock?
                How much for a set? (Ball-park est)
                How much would you charge to install a set, providing my seals and bearings are okay?
                What gear lube will you be recommending that I use?
                Can I get a 1 under set? (16 / 17)
                I've got a couple units with a lot of time on them, and they're both 1:1 at the moment.

Comment

Only 1-1 gears for now..

We could do other gears but what a huge cost for just a couple of people. 1-1 work in D stock, D mod and FE. And yea most likely we would have 2 do our own shafts.. We would redesign the splines on both.. working on price.. just depends on how many people interested.. Looking 4 at least 15 sets sold for a good break even price . Hoping 2 get Sets in the $350 range but cheaper is better yea!

Comment

1-1- bass gears

Just checking to see if anyone is interested in new 1-1 gears for the bass lower units.
                    I AM ON MY 6TH YEAR WITH Same SET OF 1-1 GEARS IN MY bASS UNIT. I TAKE IT APPART EVERY 6 HEATS AND TURN THE GEAR 1 TOOTH, USE GOOD OIL AND TURN YOUR DRIVE SHAFT DOWN FROM ORIGINAL SIZE TO 1/2 INCH IN THE CENTER SECTION TO REDUCE LOAD.
                    I HAVE NEVER LOST A SET OF BASS GEARS under My FEH or the 1100 6 cly. engines.

Comment

Bass Gears

I run a set of one to one gears for my Tohatsu D stock...just checked them, and they look brand new. I am running Mercury lower unit lube...should I think about changing to a synthetic blend? I think I have around 80 heats on them. Any help would be appreciated, David

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                        I run a set of one to one gears for my Tohatsu D stock...just checked them, and they look brand new. I am running Mercury lower unit lube...should I think about changing to a synthetic blend? I think I have around 80 heats on them. Any help would be appreciated, David
                        I would say if it ain't broke don't mess with it
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Though i am looking for Lower Unit Replacement of my Yamaha engine and after a long search i got one. I think its better to replace as previous one got damaged.

Comment

We may produce some if enough interested racers want a different choice. Let me know your thoughts on it.. U can send private message, if what, also.. We just know that our FEs. are tearing them up.
                            I ran my Bass 1-1 gears for 7 years still have the original set in my units, Good oil, and tapering down the drive shaft is the Key. Also take them apart and turn the gear 1 tooth very 6 races.
                            Also make sure your alignment is good.

R777

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              Please read what you just printed, 80 heats and they look brand new?? Don't change a thing except your mind about running a different lube!

Comment

Working...
                              X