Prop Shim or Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Shim or Material

Does anybody have shim material or pre made shims, 11/16 down to a 9/16 prop shaft?

Brian
    maverickracing@q.com

haa contact john meyers(425-485-6139) best shimm material is bronze from my experiance...

Comment

I do not have that size, but when I had to make mine I went to industrial type parts store ans got the thickness of shim stock that I needed. A machine shop might also be able to help you out. After I got it I figured out what size I had to cut it out, did a test fit with a piece of paper cut to this size then either used an old prop shaft or a piece of shafting to bend it. I did this with a soft hammer and kept working it around the shaft. Once it was how I wanted it, I put it in the prop and then put a piece of wooden dowel inside of it then drilled out the holes for the shear pin. Worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
        Does anybody have shim material or pre made shims, 11/16 down to a 9/16 prop shaft?

Brian
        maverickracing@q.com
        Call, Lee Tietze @ Machined Components 503-263-2508
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Prop Shims

Thanks Mike

Yes I stock most common Prop Shaft and bore sizes. Machined from 360 Brass, $10.00 ea.
          Attached Files
          Lee Tietze
          Machined Components
          Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

Lees are the best. They slide right in nice and snug and work perfect.
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Lees are the best. They slide right in nice and snug and work perfect.
              I'll ditto that. I have Lee's 15mm-9/16 and 11/16-9/16 bushings. They are terrific in every way.

Comment

Working...
              X