Motor wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor wanted

I'm looking for a motor to run on a 12 ft Desilva Runabout. Yamato or Merc, makes no diff. as long as its in good shape, is complete and runs. Just looking for something to have some fun with. Email is flyinace@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by aceman1 View Post
    I'm looking for a motor to run on a 12 ft Desilva Runabout. Yamato or Merc, makes no diff. as long as its in good shape, is complete and runs. Just looking for something to have some fun with. Email is flyinace@sbcglobal.net
    There are tons of motors out there and a complete 30H in good enough condition to run for a while is more expensive than a new (reconditioned) Yamato 302 and alot less reliable.

Probably help out if you told everyone where you were located though.

BW
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Motor wanted.

I'm in Danbury, CT. I'm willing to take a fairly long drive for the right motor at the right price. I might also consider having something shipped.

Comment

Awesome. I have been to many races in Danbury.

Do you have any intention of racing this or is it just for fun?

BW

Comment

Motor wanted

Mostly for fun at this time.

Comment

Give it 24 hours.

Lots of equipment available in the Northeast that will fit this boat.

Is it a KR model De Silva or one of the Deltas or something else?

Shot in the dark cuz your in Danville.....is it Pete Finns old De Silva?

Yellow pre-KR with a 58-D on it.

BW

Comment

Motor wanted.

Funny you should ask, the boat is yellow. I bought it as a yellow boat but the paint was real beat so I put another yellow paint job on it. Here is a current pic with the KG7 on it. I bought it out on Long Island a few yrs. ago. Can you tell by the pics what yr. or model DeSilva it is? I'd appreciate any info.

Comment

Thats a classic De Silva KR model, very popular in its day and one of my favorite boats.

The De Silva Bros made 100's of them from the mid 70's until the early 80's. I am no expert but I am sure some of them will tighten up those years here on HR.

That boat would be great with a Merc 30H on it or a Yamato 102/302. If your brave a Merc 55H might work.

It was designed as a roll up style boat but has been modified for flat turning with the side fin and transom fin.

Hope that helps a bit

BW

Comment

I have a good 102 for sale
                  Jeff

Comment

The more I look at the pics I think it might be a rare B Mod model De Silva KR

Whats the flat bottom width dimension?

How much flat bottom forward to the break on the centerline?

BW
                    Last edited by B Walker; 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I'll take some measurements tomm. Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X