Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16:20 Overdrive

For Sale,

16:20 25% Overdrive. I am selling this for a friend, and am not sure of the manufacturer. It has a ZAK cavitation plate on it, and has a casting number of 105 on it. I only have a small amount of history on this piece. I was told that at one time it belonged to to Terry Klem and was run in California under a 4 carb alcohol 850 merc. I have never run it, and have posted all the info that I have in this post. I know that it would be a small fortune to start this project from scratch, so if you have something that is making real horsepower, and need to make more prop speed, this is for you. Collectors, Looper, FE, Super E, 850 mod guys, Kilo attemps, record courses etc.

I have a few more pictures available to email if needed, I will answer questions the best I can. The overdrive is located in Kent, Wa. $900 obo, includes shipping to U.S. lower 48.

Thanks,

Jason Diamond
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Diamond; 10-26-2010, 09:54 PM. Reason: add 25% and typo

Its a Scott overdrive unit made prior to the "630". Unlike the 630/590 unit the gears can not be switched over to make reduction ratios ... 1:1 and overdrive only with this unit. It does not bolt up to the rigid 630 mid section or the Scott-McCulloch 75 hp pleasure towers, only to the 1962 "623080" race tower and foot.

The ZAK/Yamato foot adapter is just a consequence of Terry Klem using it with an akly foot.

Comment

Still Available

Still available, accepting offers.

Comment

gear sets

Originally posted by Jason Diamond View Post
        Still available, accepting offers.
        Does any one know if the gears are available off the shelf?
        or for another app?

Thanks,
        Anthony McCulloch
        modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
        sigpic
        They want it cheap

Comment

Overdrive 15:14 Gear Boxes/ YOMATO

Shoppers for Overdrive Gear Boxes (Cases).

In early 2011, I will have 15:14 Overdrive Hatchet Gear Boxes. Unit is big brother of Yamato Hatchet with much bigger gears.

Jim McKean..............captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by modifiedoutboard View Post
            Does any one know if the gears are available off the shelf?
            or for another app?

Thanks,
            I wish they were, but they are not.

(If they were, I'd have a full set already )

Comment

Working...
            X