X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott 75hp RACER...WOW!!!!

Check dis out Sam!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-McC...item19bf83ee99

100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Saw it the first day. Its the OPC stock racer, the equivalent of the Merc 650XS in different era. The real race version is the "630" or "590" which does not have a full gearshift lower unit like this motor.

The reason he is selling the second, regular parts motor as part of the package, is because that is the motor he found the lower unit and cover with; even though neither motor has the correct model/serial plate for the "Custom". The model/serial plate indicates a regular longshaft 75.2 hp Mac (ending in 41 rather than 50). The seller prefers an exotic "factory mistake" explanation rather than the more obvious ... the Custom foot and cover came off of another motor explanation.

My father was a McCulloch dealer back when these were being made, but the local distributor Potter Equipment Company was anti-racing and we could not buy them. Over the years I was able to buy 2 of them and am restoring a 1965 Carlson semi-tunnel hull to run them on.

The current price is the same that a fully rebuilt as new Custom lower unit went for on eBay earlier this year. This is about 4 times what I have seen them sell for in the past and 10 times what you could have sold one for before the internet. A full race 630 lower unit sold on eBay earlier this year for only $2,000; but you'd have to have a 630 tower to bolt up and use the 630 foot, unlike the Custom unit that bolts right up to any regular Mac, Sears or Elgin 60, 75, 40 or 45 hp tower.

What I don't have is the cover emblem. If anyone out there has a Mac CUSTOM cover or emblem and has been wondering what to do with it, I sure could use it.
    Last edited by sam; 09-26-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

High bid has increased to $3,450 ... but the leader is still the same guy from 7 days ago ... he wants this bad ... hope he has the cash to pay for it.
      Last edited by sam; 09-26-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Ended at $3,995. A very high price for a historic racing motor of any kind
        230,9/28 362
        Last edited by sam; 09-28-2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X