Wanted Sid Craft or Caulkins BU Runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Sid Craft or Caulkins BU Runabout

I would like to buy an 1955 "B" Utility Caulkins Runabout or a 1960 Sid-Craft Runabout.

Do these still exist?

Thanks.

Yes!

Do these still exist?

They still do thanks to many collectors and ex-racers that restore them and show them at antique outboard meets. There are even members here on hydroracer that have them hanging from the rafters of their barns. Getting people to part with them is the challenge. This boat pictured was listed last year for sale on one of the web sites. A Sid - Craft hornet nicely refinished. You just have to start surfing the web and you will eventually find one. Or possibly someone will find your post here and reply back to you. Here are a few links to help start your search.

Good Luck!

http://www.antiqueboatamerica.com/ab...a=12&Name=Race

http://www.aomci.org/

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Boat-Par..._sop=10&_rdc=1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tomtall; 09-06-2010, 07:05 AM.
    Tom L.

Comment

tomtall,
      Thanks for you information. In, addition, I am looking for a converted 20-H and Sid-Craft or Marchetti "B" Hydro. I raced these rigs in the early 60's in Seattle.

Comment

old race boats

Give this site a look and contact David for more details on and motors. He has a lot of restored equipment

http://www.aeroliner-boats.com/index.html
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

flatsmoke,

I pm'd you regarding your requests.
          Jason

Comment

Jason, Please resend you PM as I can't answer it.
            Thanks,
            Lee

Comment

Sid BU

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
              Give this site a look and contact David for more details on and motors. He has a lot of restored equipment

http://www.aeroliner-boats.com/index.html
              David and I have two Sids, one an old marathon boat with forward cockpit complete with cover and an exceptional BU single cockpit. You should be able to see photos of both boats on our Web Site aeroliner-boats.com. If you need additional photos let us know.

Alan

Comment

Jigs for Sid Craft

At one time some of the jigs for the Hydro and Runabouts was owned by the Difebo family and years ago Dominic had some of his pigeon cages sitting on them. Paul converted the Sid into the Feby Craft many moons ago you would have to talk to Phillip to find out what ever became of that stuff. My memory doesnt serve me well to remember rather they were the Sid-Son jigs or the Sid Craft jigs.
                Tim Lee

Comment

Thank you for the information. So, when did Sid Craft become Sid Son. I bought a Sid Craft BU from Paul Kaulb and Fred Miller at the 1959 Seattle Nationals. The I bought (with Bob Rautenberg) 2 BU's from Sid in either 1962 or 1963. One was a full deck and one was an open cockpit. I wonder if any of these were the "Hornet" model.

Comment

Sid Son came to be in the mid 60's. Do you want a nice original mid 50's Hornet?

Comment

Sid-Craft

Originally posted by flatsmoke View Post
                      Thank you for the information. So, when did Sid Craft become Sid Son. I bought a Sid Craft BU from Paul Kaulb and Fred Miller at the 1959 Seattle Nationals. The I bought (with Bob Rautenberg) 2 BU's from Sid in either 1962 or 1963. One was a full deck and one was an open cockpit. I wonder if any of these were the "Hornet" model.
                      The Hornet was built late 1955 after the nationals as Sid with Johnny Wehrle got beat at the nationals by the Culkins boats. I beliwve they were built through 1959 then in 1960 he changed the design. The Sid hydros were first built in 1956. Around 1962 or 1963, maybe 1964, runabout orders were shrinking to almoat nothing so they stopped building them. Besides, they could hardly keep up with hydro orders. I believe 1965 was the last year for Sid-Craft. After being closed for over a year, Sid's son, Bob, wanted to build hydros. Thus, the name, Sid-Son. Sid expanded his 2 car gargae behind his house to 4 bays & Bob began building Sid-Son hydros, no runabouts and several tunnel boats.

After Bob stopped building boats, Sid sold all the hydro fixtues and related hydro building stuff to DeFebo & Paul built several hydros some won championships.

Comment

Working...
                      X