Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOMATO Owners...IMPORTANT!!

Hello KOMATO OWNERS;

Most of you will already know what I'm saying here, but I'll error on the side of caution, and be repetitive.
    (A) The Komato Hatchet Gear Case came with two (2) ram water intake holes of 5mm (.200"). This seems sufficient for the PRO's, but MOD drivers requiring more water volume should drill these two holes out to at least 6mm (.240"), then chamfer the forward side of these holes.
    (B) At least one Komato owner chipped the propshaft at the pin hole. Please chamfer the edge of the "shear pin hole" to keep shear pin from chipping propshaft.

If I missed anything, let me know. Good racing.

Jim McKean
    E-Mail <captainjimmckean@yahoo.com>

Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
    Hello KOMATO OWNERS;

Most of you will already know what I'm saying here, but I'll error on the side of caution, and be repetitive.
    (A) The Komato Hatchet Gear Case came with two (2) ram water intake holes of 5mm (.200"). This seems sufficient for the PRO's, but MOD drivers requiring more water volume should drill these two holes out to at least 6mm (.240"), then chamfer the forward side of these holes.
    (B) At least one Komato owner chipped the propshaft at the pin hole. Please chamfer the edge of the "shear pin hole" to keep shear pin from chipping propshaft.

If I missed anything, let me know. Good racing.

Jim McKean
    E-Mail <captainjimmckean@yahoo.com>
    If you run a low rake prop check and make sure the prop clears the skeg. I know ours hit and had to be cut back.
    Larry Mcafee

Comment

Working...
    X