wanted: Honeycomb sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trihedral_1 View Post
    not seeing finished sheets there. I can get finished straight from Nida-Core, but it's pretty heavy e glass kind of stuff.

Did I miss something?

Jimi O.

I thought I saw 4x7 sheets 13mm nida/fiberglass finished ... 3+ lbs per sheet;

http://www.noahsboatbuilding.com/noa...DGLASS&eq=&Tp=
    BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by Trihedral_1 View Post
      looking for two sheets of surplus honeycomb.
      any size or weight will do. -carbon, aluminum, glass, balsa core? we're not too picky.

Jimi O. (305-R)
      I have some carbon panels you may be interested in.... What am I thinking? Gueedo in an even lighter boat?!?!?

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

- Mike

Comment

carbon panels

The sheets were going to be for Big Don, but he ticked me off too many times at the National meeting.

- Mike

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
          I have some carbon panels you may be interested in.... What am I thinking? Gueedo in an even lighter boat?!?!?

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

- Mike
          I love Carbon.
          Don't worry about Guedo in a lighter boat, we're building a runabout with a led core bottom. We just want everything from the water up to be light like a feather.

Jimi O.

Comment

All Set ?

Are you all set ? If not I will dig up some contacts. There was one main supplier on the west coast I had a catalog from, they made Carbon Fiber panels, Kevalr hybrids, with honeycomb, foam, and a few other materials, and they would custom build what you wanted. Not cheap, but they would do it. Not sure if they are still around with the carbon fiber shortages and price increases. USA Composites or something like that.

Sounds like Pav hooked you up.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X