Altoona, Ohio boats for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altoona, Ohio boats for sale

This craigslist posting was sent to me. Does anyone recognize the rigs or know who it is that might be selling the equipment? A few inconsistencies are in the listing...

http://altoona.craigslist.org/boa/1587791675.html
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Altoona boats

Howie,
    I don't remember my uncles numbers, but the hydro might be one that he bought back in the 70's when he raced with us. The Yamato would not have been a part of it, nor the Zorkin Runabout.

Just wondering if it might have been his.

See ya down the line at one of the Title Series races or at the Worlds.

Ray

Comment

Boats

Yeah I know this jerk, still owes me for those props he got from me 5yrs ago when he was living in Illinois. Be careful.
      Art K

Comment

what is the guys name??

Just wondering who he is. Dave

Comment

Boats

Forgot his name. But he ran NBRA races for a couple of years. The Zorkin came from Tex. and was pretty rough the hydro was not much better. I think he bought the engine from Alan Owens. The props were mine that he has forgot pay for.
          Art K

Comment

Not my uncle

Just to clarify, Ole Hundred dollar bill passed away about 20 years, so not him that owes Art K for props.

Great story on how he became known as 100.00 Bill. He got into boatracing late in his life after racing cars for years. He bought a B Mod on a whim, liked it and then bought new hydro's and runabouts from Mike Krier. He approached Mike about building a couple of boats and Mike told him that he had a few to build before he maybe could get to his. Ole Hundred Dollar Bill asked has anyone paid him yet. The answer caused 100.00 Bill to pull out crisp 100.00 dollar bills and paid Mike in full right on the spot. 2 new boats that year, and 2 more the next.

Miss the hell out of him as he was always yelling with a croaky voice, RAY, RAY at top of his lungs when he needed help. Now my wife does that for him

Ray

Comment

i recognize the rigs, and the trailer (was junk trailer) jim homfeld know who the fella is.. when i was looking for equipment in 2006, this guy was living in Illinois close to centralia i drove 3 hours to get there to look at the stuff before he moved to Penn he was leaving like the next day .. i cant recall his name ask jim homfeld as jim sold him some of the stuff i believe! any way in my opinon it was not worth the 4500.00 he is asking for it now

gl
              Randy
              Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Howie
                would you be related to Dick Nichols from some 25 years or so ago ??

I rode as deck rider with Dick and we won the 2 man runabout nationals in 1982 at coralville res dam area in err between iowa city and cedar rapids Iowa

i was just wondering if Dick Nichols is still alive and or what ever happened to him

Randy
                Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                X