wanted - 25 SS tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted - 25 SS tray

wanted to buy - 25 SS tray. The description is as follows : ~ 3/8 inch thick aluminum casting, mounts between powerhead and lower unit, the item to which the water tube attaches. If you're local, I'll be at the AOMC Swap Meet, Pottstown , Pa.. Feb. 27. Thanks.

glock@eclipse.net

25ss tray

Make one from a later model Merc 200 lower cowl (dime a dozen). The locations of the hole for the water tube are different fro a Merc 200 and a Merc 25ss.

Bandsaw off the upper parts of the cowl leaving an imperfect filler plate. Cut out the plate using a gasket as the template.

Mill the upper plate surface flat.

Fill the Merc 200 water hole with JB weld (you can also fill part of the curved water groove with JB weld at the same time).

Drill a new sloped hole at the end of the curved water groove to fit the location of the 25ss water tube.

Bingo.

Comment

25ss filler plate

I forgot. You also have to do a bit of surgery to remove the tuner pipe and to open up the centre of the plate.

Comment

Miss Piggy back to M'tapper...

Originally posted by madtapper View Post
        Make one from a later model Merc 200 lower cowl (dime a dozen). The locations of the hole for the water tube are different fro a Merc 200 and a Merc 25ss.

Bandsaw off the upper parts of the cowl leaving an imperfect filler plate. Cut out the plate using a gasket as the template.

Mill the upper plate surface flat.

Fill the Merc 200 water hole with JB weld (you can also fill part of the curved water groove with JB weld at the same time).

Drill a new sloped hole at the end of the curved water groove to fit the location of the 25ss water tube.

Bingo.
        (1) Thank you for the prompt reply ... (2) I'd previously considered doing the above... and / but (3) However, since I've neither a 25 SS tray or a late model Merc 200 tray, If this were a Monopoly game I'm still at Go, and I'm hoping ( before long ) to pull a Get out of Jail Free card. LOL I'll see what shows at Pottstown, and it's not that I need it for (ie ) OCOEE

glock@eclipse.net

Comment

Working...
        X