Need +.015 Merc 44 pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need +.015 Merc 44 pistons

I need four +.015 over used Merc 44 pistons. These need to have the big wrist pin. They can have some scuffs or light scratches as I am going to turn them down to +.010 under. I will buy outright or have 12 mm couplings, prop shims, shear pins, cone greasing tool for Merc unit, square a drive shaft etc.

Email
    lgmcafee@cvalley.net
    Ph. 660-775-2475

Thanks Larry McAfee

Larry; -your add makes me wonder; -if you were building a 44" mod, and had a choice of pistons complete with rods and bearings, either big pin or small, which ones would you put in?.
    If the choice were cast or forged, which ones?
    And, do you have 12mm couplers for sale? Square or round?

I have watched the video of Kevins 2nd run at Pineville many times.
    Great sound on that tape.
    Must have been a sick feeling in your stomach when that gear box let go.
    Did the powerhead survive OK?
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Brian I always thought the small wrist pin with the longer rod would be better. Smokey Yunick the famous engine builder says to put in the longest rods you can. That debate has been going on for years in the race car circle. The motor on you-tube has the big wrist pins and it run good so I don't know. Kevin tore the motor down this winter and it had a deep groove in one cyl. where a ring pin had come out too deep to bore. Well this is going to get a lot of people but I just tiged the grove with some stainless rod and I think it will be all right. I need to hone it back out is the reason I'm looking for some +.015 pistons. Yes I have 12 mm coupling they are 1 inch round on the O.D. I get $45.00 for them there is a lot of them in use. I have always used cast pistons.

Larry McAfee

Comment

If someone is bummed out because they have small wristpin 44 pistons for sale, I am interested in some. Have Turner alky pistons to trade

Comment

pistons

larry, the vertex pistons makes nice pistons at a great price and they are cast and the 44 piston is a two ringer that are tapered....

Comment

Working...
          X