Wanted: New Yamato 12:16 Gear Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: New Yamato 12:16 Gear Set

I wish to purchase a new set of Yamato PRO 12:16 gears for the last horizontal split-case gear box design (that Yamato produced for their most recent 250cc motor). I am looking for an OEM replacement gear set only (no repro's please.) If you have a good set of used gears with good teeth they will suffice, as long as they are not worn bad or chipped. I need both the drive shaft gear and the press-on prop shaft gear. I would also consider buying an entire horizontal split design, used Yamato gear box assembly in good running condition. Thanks for looking in your spare parts boxes. Someone out there has one of these gear boxes in storage, or in a box somewhere in their shop...

Al Peffley
    team_excalibur@hotmail.com
    cell phone: 206-406-4996
    Last edited by Al Peffley; 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM. Reason: Add addditional text on used parts alternatives

Not....

Your not going to find any, I looked long and hard around the world. I bought the last two prop shaft gears the factory had. Jim McKean is having the guys at Konny make replacement gears for the Yamato's. That would be your best bet.

Michael D-1

Comment

Additional Purchase Options

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I will buy one half of the OEM spiral gear set, either the shaft gear, or the press-on side, only if the part is in new condition. In the end I must have both parts for my project. The parts must be the last gear set design that Yamato manufactured for the horizontal split case foot.

Al Peffley
      1300 Holly Street
      Kelso, WA 98626
      Cell: 206-406-4996

Comment

Al,

Rumor has it, that Konny is going to be making drop in replacement gears for the Yamato case. I highly doubt your going to find any "new" yamato gears as they have been out of productions for several years now and "if" anyone has any left, they are keeping them under their pillow at night.

Hope all is well

Mike
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
        X