WANTED Steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Steering wheel

I am looking for a vintage steering wheel with exposed drum for a boat I am working on.I am also looking for a steering bar for a 50's OMC 25hp motor.

Thank You
    Mike

Somebody must have one of these hanging on the wall in the garage,I am looking for a big school bus looking wheel with drum on the front of the dash.If anybody could give me a brand name maybe that would help my search.

Thank You
    Mike

Comment

Mike

This is one example of a steering wheel from that era. It was made by Attwood. They are becoming harder to find and collectors are paying anywhere from $75 to $150 for them. You will want to look at the following link daily to see when one comes up for sale. I have seen several over that last few years at this e-bay link. If you want to forgo the 1950's look you can buy a new era style steering system at the second link.Good luck! Post some pictures when your done with your project.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Bo..._sop=10&_rdc=1

http://www.btmco.com/Steering_Systems.html
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tomtall; 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM.
      Tom L.

Comment

Thank you,thats the one Im looking for.

Thanks

Comment

The wheel in the picture is a KAINER , Tom. I'm sure you knew that and they're easily confused. Good ones are becoming hard to find.

Comment

I might have what your looking for..or not. if you get in touch i can email a photo. its on a boat i am buying, and will be replacing it!
            David
            818 903 8006
            port angeles Wa.

Comment

That's sounds great, email me a pic to boatnut@mail.com

Thanks
              mike

Comment

Working...
              X