Wanted Vintage Runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Vintage Runabout

I am looking to buy an older runabout for playing around on the lake where I live.I would need something larger for rough water and to handle a 200 pound driver.I am located in Brewerton,NY.Please email me with pic's and price or if you have some ideas on a hull I should be searching for please let me know,That would be very helpful.I am not a racer but I do love boats,I used to run a Dux inflatable with a 50hp Tohatsu and I really miss it.

Thanks
    Mike

Thanks

Thank you for the information.

Mike

Comment

Gonna build

I have decided on building,This is exactly what I am looking for.Unless somebody has one of these allready built.It's called Jinx and is an older design from the 50's http://vintageboatplans.com/hydros/jinx.pdf

Comment

Mike I had one of these in 1969. I ran it along the coast of conn. in the long island sound. The high sides were great in the ocean swells. I put my little brother in the front and we had a ball. We even went fishing some times. This is a great pick for having fun. Use a stock lower unit with the high transom. Good luck. HURRICANE BILL

Comment

Thats good to here,It looks like a fun boat to put some of my vintage motors on.

Mike

Comment

Hal Kelly boats

Some of the best runabouts, in the 1960's, were designed by Hal Kelly for both pleasure and racing. He also had many very good hydro designs. Darel Sorenson has both plans and kits for these and builds beautiful new boats. ( member on this site ).
            Also Clark Craft in Buffalo has some of the plans of Hal Kelly.
            Foo Ling, Mad Cap, Airborne, Jinkx, and Dry Run. were some of his best.
            Charlie

Comment

I might as well build it myself I have all winter and work gets really slow in the winter.I have built about 15 boats before and this one looks pretty simple.

Mike

Comment

old boat

If you or any one going to Lock Haven this coming weekend and need a 8/10 year old Runne Craft for VERY small money, see Bill Walker [7-F...F-7] if not sold by Sunday nite,,,,,Burn baby---Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What type of boat is that? Is that in Pa?

Mike

Comment

a racecraft

we have a racecrafe to blay with darryl curry north jersey has one 862 354 1423 call anytime

Comment

boat

C stock runabout, no hard-ware. Boat is in middle rack on trailer,, any questions??? Will be in the pits Thur. nite or early Friday morn... My # 386 338 2222 cell

Comment

If you or any one going to Lock Haven this coming weekend and need a 8/10 year old Runne Craft for VERY small money, see Bill Walker [7-F...F-7] if not sold by Sunday nite,,,,,Burn baby---Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        That boat does not need to ever be raced again. It has had its good years. Lake racer or burn are the only options. It was John Runnes prototype/test bed boat when he decided to get back into the runabout building business.

It has had more significant structural changes to it than any boat deserves to get. The success of all the rest of John's runabouts were mostly tested on this boat first.

I vote burn. I love a good boat burning. That one will go up hotter and faster than a titanium infused roman candle.

If Dad brings it back from Lochaven. I guarantee a world class ceremonial boat burning at Jesup, Ga race. Someone may have to hold down Dad though, he hates to get rid of anything.

Brad Walker
                        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Saw Bill W heading north on I-95

I saw Bill W heading north on I-95 yesterday morning in GA. I was returning from Corvettes at Carlisle in PA. Trailer was looking good and boats riding nice.
                          David

Comment

Jinx construction

Originally posted by MikeyC View Post
                            I have decided on building,This is exactly what I am looking for.Unless somebody has one of these allready built.It's called Jinx and is an older design from the 50's http://vintageboatplans.com/hydros/jinx.pdf
                            If you build this great runabout use Okume plywood for the planking -6 mm for bottom, non trip chines, sides and floorboard and 3mm for the deck. This material will not check like fir. okume is a bit more expensive than fir but well worth it in the long run for maintenance. Epoxy glue of course is used.
                            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I never use fir,That stuff is heavy and it checks terrible.I have two gallons of epoxy in the shop just waiting for a project.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X