Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Y102 Gears, or replacement LU (102 or 302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Y102 Gears, or replacement LU (102 or 302)

Last weekend at Haverhill MA, the gears in my LU decided they didn't want to play together anymore. Since the prop is seized on the shaft our cone tool wouldn't work so I went to wally world and bought a $10 monkey wrench and took it to the bench grinder.

Anyway, it looks like the prop shaft is savable. So I need a set of replacement 102 gears. New or used, let me know what you have.

EDIT** At this point unless someone has a cheap LU for sale, I'm just looking for the gears. I dont really have the spare $$ for a complete LU at the moment.
    Last edited by Silas_53A; 08-26-2009, 08:56 AM.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Hey,

A loaner would be awesome. It would probably be easiest if I just borrowed the LU. Would be a lot easier with the set up, and if I did flip (hopefully I wont make the same mistake as last year...) then I still wouldn't have to worry about damaging anything of yours. I can even give you replacement gasket and LU oil. That way I don't have me change my setup at all.

Anyway, I will be sending my LU down to Cronk and having it rebuilt. We must have screwed something up when we replaced the prop shaft our selves. But if I could borrow that LU, I'd be truly grateful.

Also, I have to get in touch someone, but I may be racing CSR AT Taunton. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks, Silas.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

This is what makes Stock Outboard racing different from other motorsports. I dont know of another motorsport that the members/drivers are willing to assist one another so much.

At my local dirt track, a friend of mine was out half a season with a blown tranny and he did not get a single offer of assistance until it was mathematically impossible for him to win the series.

Grats to DUST33 for steppin up

BW
      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Friendships in racing

Had a 2 hour phone conversation with my old friend Jack Gosman last night. He is looking forward to get back racing pro with a new capsule. Like he said, at almost 75, why would he get back running? FRIENDS!!!! Like he said, what other sport would anyone give you advise, help clean your engine when you dump, hold your boat to get you going, loan props and parts. I belive that outboard racing would have disappeared without this support. I have many friends from my racing in the 50s/60s I Have met many still racing and retired after I had moved to the mid west who keep me updated on what is happening since I now live in the desert.
        The name of this game is FRIENDS.
        Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Comment

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
          This is what makes Stock Outboard racing different from other motorsports. I dont know of another motorsport that the members/drivers are willing to assist one another so much.

At my local dirt track, a friend of mine was out half a season with a blown tranny and he did not get a single offer of assistance until it was mathematically impossible for him to win the series.

BW
          I don't think it is only Stock Outboard racing as Mod and Pro drivers are equally helpful to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
            Hi Silas,
            What I'm thinking of as a "just in case plan" would be to keep my engine together and we would both use that same engine on the same weekend in order that you could turn a few in your hydro, while I run it on my runabout. If we prepare to do it (double-checking setups along the way)...and the schedule is accomodating, then the between-heats changeover should be no sweat.
            Keep us posted.
            And Note: if you flipped last year (?!) then, statistically speaking, you should stay dry through September.
            Regards,
            DUST33
            Ok, I get it. I will still try to source a spare LU I can borrow from someone, but this will be a great plan B. Thanks again.

Last year at taunton I spun out and was thrown from the boat in the last lap of the first heat and then flipped it in the last lap of the second heat. Then we set the timing (not taking our time like we should have) and set it way off, so the motor ran like I was trying to plane off with a J motor.

BW
            This is true, and thanks again DUST33.
            Silas Jordan
            Windham, Maine
            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

OOh, One big thing... are you running a 102 or a 302?
              Silas Jordan
              Windham, Maine
              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
                I don't think it is only Stock Outboard racing as Mod and Pro drivers are equally helpful to one another.
                Terrific point. I no longer attempt to speak for or about Mod or PRO as I have not raced a Mod in 7 years and a PRO in 12-15.

I have been kindly asked and sometimes not-so-kindly asked to not speak for Divisions I dont race in.

The last APBA race I raced in was in Factory 1 for Offshore and was pleased to find the comraderie, helpful attitude, and sportsmanship that I enjoy so much in Stock Outboard existed there too.

BW
                302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Try Mike In The UK

Contact Mike... he is the UK dealer for Yamato. He has good prices and the shipping is not bad. He most likely will have what you need.

Web Site: www.yamato.ndo.co.uk

E-Mail: mike@yamato.ndo.co.uk

Good Luck.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Sending it down to Cronk today, and Goller said he has a set of 102 gears. Gonna have it rebuilt, bearings/gears/seals..
                    Silas Jordan
                    Windham, Maine
                    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Terrific point. I no longer attempt to speak for or about Mod or PRO as I have not raced a Mod in 7 years and a PRO in 12-15.

I have been kindly asked and sometimes not-so-kindly asked to not speak for Divisions I dont race in.

The last APBA race I raced in was in Factory 1 for Offshore and was pleased to find the comraderie, helpful attitude, and sportsmanship that I enjoy so much in Stock Outboard existed there too.

BW
                      Sorry, I kind of mis-read what you had to say and thought you were lumping Mod and Pro in with other motorsports. I understand what you are saying and it is also, in my opinion true, in the other two divisions of laydown/kneeldown boat racing as well.

Comment

OOO, I have a 102, the transom is about 2 inches taller then the 302 and I only have one kill switch. hmm. Wouldn't be impossible, but I don't know.
                        Silas Jordan
                        Windham, Maine
                        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Working...
                        X