DSH for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSH for sale

Complete turn key DSH rig for sale. Here is what I have: Boat...Karlesen design hydro, recent upgrade to carbon fiber cockpit sides, new okume decks, in almost new shape. Comes with battery for electric start, all hardware, ready to race. Motor...new .015 powerhead built by Steven Benson, orignal XS block with matching case, never had a weld job done on it. Motor also has new Boysen reeds, with new Mercury pistons. Less then 20 heats since new. Center section has been totaly rebuilt, with brass shims etc. Lower unit has nearly new gears, and gearcase has been blueprinted. Spare parts...has have tons of spare parts, including racing flywheel, spare block, new reed cages, reeds, several complete sets of electronics, pistons, and way more stuff I don not need anymore. Also, selling rig with at least 7 Pinner, Dewald, and Hopkins cleaver and round ear props. This package is some of the nicest D equipment around....has always been well taken care of. I can deliver it to stock nationals, or you can pick it up in the Seattle area. Nothing is needed to put it in the water and race this upcoming weekend. $4950 for everything, will not part out.
    Attached Files

Hey Dave, give me a call, lets talk....Mike VanAusdle 360-477-9121

Comment

dsh stuff

For the people that have called me...looks like my stuff is leaving me tuesday afternoon. Not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Comment

Somebody got an awesome deal.A complete D hydro rig for the price of a new A engine.Wish i had the extra cash.
        Bob

Comment

say it ain't so davey.......

so are you really going over to the dark side?????? friends don't let friends drive tohatsu's dave.... heck the only way a rice burner can win is to wreck us... (i know that was a judo punch below the belt daren....)

somebody is getting a screaming deal... your stuff is fast and in great shape.... hope your rig stays in region 10....
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Way To Go Dave

For the future,

I think Dave is looking to the future. We all appreciate what Mercury has done for us over the years. But you can buy all new parts for the "D" Tohatsu
            especially the gear foot parts. I've heard that Mercury foot parts are hard to find. This Bass foot was designed to run under an E Mod motor so it is very reliable for a "D" motor.

Keep in mind this Mercury was basically designed in the 1950's.

Good luck Dave with your new stuff. I'll see you at Olympia Friday with props to test.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
              so are you really going over to the dark side?????? friends don't let friends drive tohatsu's dave.... heck the only way a rice burner can win is to wreck us... (i know that was a judo punch below the belt daren....)

somebody is getting a screaming deal... your stuff is fast and in great shape.... hope your rig stays in region 10....
              hey Bill, if you would have had a Tohatsu, you might have been fast enough to keep me from running over you.............

serious though, the Merc is still a GREAT engine, but like Deano said, parts are getting harder and harder to find, as they gradually start breaking from just getting old and raced hard.........

now, get you butt to work Bill and fix that D, as we got a trip to Grass Lake to prepare for.............

PS: my Merc "tech support" ends at Capital Lake, until AFTER Grass Lake...........
              Last edited by mercguy; 07-04-2009, 09:03 AM.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I'm beginning to feel like the Maytag repairman. Nobody seems to need any parts for their Tohatsu's. Parts "For Competition Only" is still here at your service... should you need any. My email has changed: netohatsu@myfairpoint.net is the one to use. or call 207-737-4570.

Bass Machines Tohatsu - "Thrust you can trust"

Alex

Comment

simmer down boys.....

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                  hey Bill, if you would have had a Tohatsu, you might have been fast enough to keep me from running over you.............

serious though, the Merc is still a GREAT engine, but like Deano said, parts are getting harder and harder to find, as they gradually start breaking from just getting old and raced hard.........

now, get you butt to work Bill and fix that D, as we got a trip to Grass Lake to prepare for.............

PS: my Merc "tech support" ends at Capital Lake, until AFTER Grass Lake...........
                  long as i can find parts (as guido and i will both be campaigning new hannon 44's next season) a merc will still be a more affordable way to run the D class. my blood runs "phantom black"..... i'm curious to see what the dominant motor both speed and numbers will be at grass lake....

dean... just a friendly shot at my region 10 buddies... if i had davey's money i might just try one of those rice burners too. the only problem i see so far is that 10 spare cowls that you get with the motor isn't enough....
                  Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
                    long as i can find parts (as guido and i will both be campaigning new hannon 44's next season) a merc will still be a more affordable way to run the D class. my blood runs "phantom black"..... i'm curious to see what the dominant motor both speed and numbers will be at grass lake....

dean... just a friendly shot at my region 10 buddies... if i had davey's money i might just try one of those rice burners too. the only problem i see so far is that 10 spare cowls that you get with the motor isn't enough....

Bill says "a merc will still be a more affordable way to run the D class".........................maybe you need to recalculate your expenditures at the end of the year!

PS: I don't need (2) powerheads..........
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

D stuff

Mike Van Osdale from Port Angeles, Washington bought every single piece of Merc 44XS stuff I had....He seems to be a good guy and I am sure the stuff will stay in region ten. Steve Benson from Olympia built the motor (just the powerhead)....he did a first class job on the thing, but I felt it was time to move on to a new challenge. I have been running the 44XS since I bought my first one in Sept 87 ($2250 plus $100 for shipping!) and felt I ran into a brick wall speed wise. Whatever advice people are willing to give me regarding boat design, motor set up, props regarding the Tohatsu D, I am all ears. Also, I want to thank Troy Holmburg for all of his help and advice, as well as Dean Hobart for getting me some fast wheels, ( I hope) and especially Sid Bass for having a motor available and ready to run. I will sure miss running the Merc...there is no bigger thrill in boat racing then to have a fast XS in D stock hydro...It is simply the best ride in boat racing, bar none. Now, the bad part....the stock commision, of which I am a part, voted to purchase 2 Tohatsu D motors from Sid to make the motor available for buyers....in the past, there has been a long wait period. The money was voted on in Jan. at the national meeting, and Sid has yet to get a check. Folks. this is an embarrassment.......Sid is on a shoestring here....he needs our help to continue making the motor available...what is the holdup guys?

Comment

Personal situation

You are right the money was approved by the commission to lend to Sid for two Bass Tohatsu's. I was made a job offer in a new city the day I left for the national meeting. I have been selling my house in Albany and buying a house in the syracuse area. Ending a job and starting a job. Living out of a suitcase and traveling to see my family.

The only hold up, which is being ironed out, is the contract to insure that the APBA Stock Outboard members money is secure. And that Sid's interest is secure.

While I apologize for the hold up I have heard only criticism and no one has offered to help. I will get it done and Sid will get the money.

Wrong forum to address this issue.. if you have any questions you can contact me directly.

Scott Reed
                        reed28n@gmail.com

Comment

Scott

what additional help is needed? It sounds like everything is getting worked out
                          Sean Byrne

Comment

Money

Thanks for the info Scott. Sid is not upset, just getting frustrated with the process. I have heard that the matter is out of your hands, and has been handed "upstairs" so to speak. Is this accurate? A nervous Tohatsu owner.

Comment

Sorc

Nope it is all me at this point....it is coming together soon and as quickly as I can...

Comment

Working...
                              X