Yamato 101, thats right 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 101, thats right 101

Saw this on ebay... I guess its the predecessor to the 102? Would be logical. Foot was never shaped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamat...mZ120439454827

Could parts of this be legal parts? 101 foot the same as the 102? cylinder head? overall looks quite similar.

Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

A number of these were imported. I think I paid about $400 for one from McKean. They were sloooooow. I don't know if any parts were interchangable with the 102. The block was noticably different with a much narrower exhaust chamber but your pics don't show that. I sold mine intact to some kid on a lake.

Comment

If the foot is the same as a 102 and the reserve isnt too high, it might be worth it to a racer to pick this up. assuming its in decent shape.. also looks like the prop shaft hasnt been turned down.
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I don,t think the foot would be legal to use on newer models. I believe new can be put on old models but not the reverse procedure. It woul fit and is basically the same as a 102 foot. I had a 101 at one time and was able to sell it a few years ago. The port timing is different and the exhaust is much smaller than the 102.

Comment

Technically wouldnt be legal, yes, but if they are identical with same specs and seals and what not after being shaped, how could you ever tell? Not like it would be an advantage. (but then were do you stop the rule bending?.. just hate to see good parts to waste)
          Last edited by Silas_53A; 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM.
          Silas Jordan
          Windham, Maine
          Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

I agree and have mine as a spare for my 102 Mod. The two gear boxes are slightly different. The 101 gear foot tail cone has only two grooves and the 102 has four. Other than that, I see no differance. Unfortunately, those who write the rules sometimes seem to loose the big picture of which you mention. Jack

Comment

In Region 11 we use Yamoto 101's on Nor Cal 400 hydros.

Comment

Working...
              X