Delorto carb tilted???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delorto carb tilted???

I run a straight delorto carb minus power jet on my 125 rossi hydroplane. In the past, i have noticed that some racers tilt the delorto carb on their sides when they are attached to the reed port. Is this necessary, and would i gain anything by setting my carb up like this on my 125???
    GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Shouldn't matter

With slide valve carbs such as these the only thing that needs to be "upright" is the float bowl. The venturi doesn't really care what direction it's in. It could be that it gives the cable a better direction of pull other than straight down from the top.

Comment

The majority of the time you will see that based on room on the front of the block on two or 3 cyls. You could tilt them 45 deg. if you wanted but unless you have a problem fitting them side by side or you just have 1 carb. there is no gain.
      Bill Diamond
      bdiamond@rrlarson.com

Comment

It always amuses when someone asks a question like this rather than simply loosening the clamp, tilting the carb and making another test run and finding out the facts for himself.

Comment

I had a Delorto on a super charged ( via smog pump) 4 HP Techumseh mini bike motor. turned it sideways for the exact reason quoted, the throttle cable worked better with it at a slight tilt.
          Bill Schwab
          Miss KTDoodle #62C
          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Working...
          X