Quicksilver Q length AB racing lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicksilver Q length AB racing lower unit

Complete Quicksilver AB racing lower unit, Q length, for KG7 or KG4. Includes Q tower, clean with new paint and correct clamps, very nice gearcase, excellent 1:1 gear set, new prop shaft, very nice driveshaft, new bearings and seals, correctly set up and tested, ran 4 times, no leaks. No welds or repairs, very nice unit. Totally ready to use. $1675 firm, or $1900. with standard Mk 20 powerhead. Steering bar and nice race prop available for sale to buyer only. email motoreyes@stny.rr.com for pics.
    Attached Files

Can you believe this tired iron gets these prices?

In 1985 the first year of OMC in A stock, you had to allmost pay someone to take your MK-15/KG-4 away.

amazing

BW
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

A "Q" tower can be picked up on Ebay any day for less than $200- gear case might bring $650. In this recession probably not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcrazy View Post
        A "Q" tower can be picked up on Ebay any day for less than $200- gear case might bring $650. In this recession probably not that much.
        Sounds about right to me

Comment

I think he's closer to right-on than you guys think..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120364326842

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270346256574

Granted.....the E-bay unit is a "H"-motor......... but this seller above,........ (Started this thread).......... has done all the check over/rebuild, and it's ready to rock yer local "mud puddle".......and without cut'n the transom as much as a "H" length tower/foot...........

Plus,................It's on hydroracer for all'ya critics...........ta wish ya.... had it!......................
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-13-2009, 12:43 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve, that was a complete motor and the price was exceptional rather than ordinary. If you look at the bidding history you will see that there was a bidding war between the second and third bidder for a number of bids.

It is possible that those three bidders personally knew the motor and wanted it badly.

Boatcrazy is only off about 10% from his estimate for the tower & mid ... nothing unusual with that kind of variation on eBay. The time of day and day of the week your auction ends has more effect than that.
            Last edited by sam; 03-13-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

...and the 10% difference is the "H" tower, highly more desirable than the "Q". I wish Hydroeyes all the luck in the world and I hope he gets that kind of money- makes everybody's equipment all the more valuable.

Comment

Working...
              X