BOPP

302 Crank

Did you try Ricky?

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
      Did you try Ricky?

yep .... bought a new 302 and now just seeing if I can find less expensive crank.
      BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
        yep .... bought a new 302 and now just seeing if I can find less expensive crank.
        just buy the complete powerhead and part it out................I could use the mag, reed plate, maybe carb...........
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I think Ricky said the powerhead is around $1650 ...choke ...choke I'll buy the powerhead, take the crank assembly and sell it to you for $1350 and throw in a Byrneified CSH prop A steal !

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          just buy the complete powerhead and part it out................I could use the mag, reed plate, maybe carb...........
          BOPP

Comment

A curious question, Why do you need a 302 crank? The crank is in several parts. Just buy the part of the crank that you need.
            bill b

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
              A curious question, Why do you need a 302 crank? The crank is in several parts. Just buy the part of the crank that you need.

Ric doesn't stock the "part"/piece needed. Do you happened to have such parts? Or have any ideas?

Thanks
              BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
                I think Ricky said the powerhead is around $1650 ...choke ...choke I'll buy the powerhead, take the crank assembly and sell it to you for $1350 and throw in a Byrneified CSH prop A steal !

oh ya........what a deal you would make me????
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I am actually curious about what happened that you need a new crank (piece).

If there was an "accident" in the blueprinting process, I can understand, but a mechanical failure is practically unheard of for a 302. Its newsworthy. Lets hear the story, please.

TY
                  BW
                  302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                    I am actually curious about what happened that you need a new crank (piece).

If there was an "accident" in the blueprinting process, I can understand, but a mechanical failure is practically unheard of for a 302. Its newsworthy. Lets hear the story, please.

TY
                    BW
                    What He Said, Please Share!!!

Comment

I assure you, the crank story is not as exciting as it could be....

Watch out Bob, here we come to (try to) take a few of you records!
                      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

what part do you need?

What specific part do you need. I have several components for Y-80 cranks. I know that the center section won't work, because of larger bore size and spacing, but perhaps the discs, top or bottom sections are the same??

Comment

The problem occurred removing the flywheel. I was not the one working on the motor, but have seen the damage after the fact. The flywheel was aparently really froze onto the crankshaft, a couple of flywheel pullers were broke trying to remove it, a heavier duty flywheel puller was used and eventually split the top of the crank where the pressure was put on top of the crankshaft. A sleeve was actually placed around the crankshaft to prevent this from happening, but it split anyways. So, we are needed the upper portion of the crankshaft. I know they do come in pieces, and to order the piece needed new is not cost effective. Our hope is to find a damaged 302 with a good upper portion of the crankshaft to use for repairs. Any help with this part would be appreciated.
                          Sean Byrne

Comment

will Y-80 top section work??

I have several top, bottom, and middle sections for Y-80 crankshaft, without crankpins. If the top section is the same, I could help you with this part. You need to find out from someone who is knowledgeable if the top sections are interchangable. I believe I have heard in the past that they were on the 80, 102 and 202, but I have no first hand knowledge. If this part would work, I imagine it would be less expensive than the 302.

Comment

Thanks Bill for the offer,
                              We'll makes some calls and find out this week.

Dan

Originally posted by bill van steenwyk View Post
                              I have several top, bottom, and middle sections for Y-80 crankshaft, without crankpins. If the top section is the same, I could help you with this part. You need to find out from someone who is knowledgeable if the top sections are interchangable. I believe I have heard in the past that they were on the 80, 102 and 202, but I have no first hand knowledge. If this part would work, I imagine it would be less expensive than the 302.
                              BOPP

Comment

Working...
                              X