porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porting

OK, enough already, funny guy. Yes, we geezers know how to use computers... some of us made our living with them. Would it surprise you to know my Mod port diagrams are on Powerpoint? I thought so...

We're also smart enough not to get drawn into a public urinating contest on a windy day. If you argue with idiots, pretty soon an outside observer can't tell who is who... once you start into a public discussion, you never know who is going to chime in, so its sometimes smarter to just not go there. No, I didn't call you an idiot; I said I know they're out there... and I prefer not to argue with them.

So keep the cheap shots to yourself, please.

Now to the porting issue:

I'm not about to criticize someone else's port configuration. I found what works for me, with the combination of other modifications in my motors, but I can't claim to have tried everything...

One of the most appealing aspects of Mod racing to me, is the opportunity to experiment, and often there is more than one right answer to a question.

I would never port a motor to 'freeport', as there are potential problems with that, but that doesn't mean one that is ported like that won't run...

To the purchaser, try the motor. If it runs well you got a great bargain. If it doesn't, replace the block with one with fresh ports, and you still got your money's worth from the whole package.

Jerry Wienandt
    Trident Racing

BTW, I will help anyone who asks nicely. Drop me a PM, as I'm not getting in a public discussion on this stuff, OK?

Comment

Nice Post

Well Said Trident.

In my opinion there are far to many variables involved. On the right boat with the right prop, with the right set-up, with the right driver, just about any port diagram will work......

Try it and work with it, testing is key to racing. Without a lot of it, you are a field filler. (not meant to be mean).

Also, I think Tirdent mentioned if it does not work for you, simply get another block ported and install your guts. It would take only a coupel days to do if you get the port work done. Maybe Trident will port a block for you if you ask nice. Then all you have to do is be ready with another set of internal parts should you want to try it.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
      X