merc on ebay !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merc on ebay !

look on guys ! early 60s Mk30 or Mk55 racing motor with steering bar.bar mounted gas tank,and vintage crash throttle.Owner does not know what it is.Still under a grand.It is on page 19,I think of boat parts. Supposedly belonged to a Les St.Piere which sounds a bit familiar.Its in Northern NY.I would probably pick it up for someone and get it to a race or whatever.
    Hunter Grimes

Its a Mk30H clone, 1959-60-ish. They usually do go for more than this, but as of Wed evening, it still has almost 4 days to go.

Page number varies with the search parameters and time. Here's the direct link for those interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110341584193

Comment

link:

trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem110341584193QQit emZ110341584193QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fG ear

Item number: 110341584193

1:1 ratio foot it says......
      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

I remember Les St Pierre he was running C service back in the early seventies,and lived in Rouses Point NY.He was one of the old guy's then probably passed on by now. A really friendly guy who loved his racing. I never heard of him running in stock though. A big red and white De Silva #89 I think (now its driving me crazy)
        Last edited by Wayne mtl qc; 01-28-2009, 10:30 PM.
        Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
        The eh TEAM
        "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

I used to run against Les in C Service Runabout and CSR. He was a great guy, we shared many stories and Swisher Sweets together around the campfire.

Yes Wayne........his boats were always number 89.

Comment

Thanks Jeff I can put my tiny mind to rest now Do you know if he's still around,I'd think not but boat racers are tough.
            The eh TEAM

Comment

Boat racers are tough.............

Here's the answer to a question I sent the seller on EBay:

Q: I used to race against Les in C Service Runabout and C Stock Runabout..........Is he still around?
              A: Yes he lives in florida although I have'nt seen him in years!

Comment

See we are tough,I'm glad to hear he's still with us
                The eh TEAM

Comment

Les is over on the gulf coast in Bradenton
                  He races a 7 litre now[NO]
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Brian!...........send Les my best the next time you run into him pleaee!

Comment

A steal at $1226!

Comment

les and i were great friends, i sold that motor to him. We raced together in c service and c runaboat. I can remember having to lend everybody props to run c runaboat, i would to get contact info for les. I anybody has it pleases pm me. Thanks gerald pemberton 74n

Comment

I had a good chat with Les this AM . He is still quite alive at 79, and golfs twice per week. The published phone number is not current , but I now have his new cell #. He was hoping to talk to some of his old race buddys, so ask me for the number if you wish to call him.
                          Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
                          X